So, this fully marks the end of semester 1 of first year uni where I can throw all my notes out of the window or being the tree hugger that I am, recycle them, or any of the like.
Unless, God forbid, I failed any of my subjects and will have to retake them next semester.
Torts on saturday was shocking to say the least with me finding my ratio decidendi in a different paragraph from everyone else and facing the weirdest third question ever which almost made me break into tears of panic.
And also in the mad race against time to actually finish the bitch of a paper, this old asian invigilator stood at my desk, picked up my student ID and stared at it for the longest of periods, making me feel edgy and unnerved, blowing my concentration completely.
He then proceeded to tap me on the shoulder and asked me How do you pronounce your surname?
During an exam?!?!?!?!
But being a very polite young lady (my parents have taught me well), I smiled and said very briefly It's Gn, hoping he'll be satisfied with my answer and leave me in peace to finish my exam.
But nooooo, he went on to ask in a terribly interested voice Oh! So what dialect are you?
WHOOOAAAT?!
But I can't bear to be rude to people I don't know at all, so I smiled again and replied Oh I'm teochew and he grinned heartily and murmured Interesting, very very interesting! Very unique surname you have!
And even though I was itching to get back to my exam, I still had that polite smile plastered on my face and even spared those extra seconds to say thank you.
ARGH!!!
In retrospect, I found that whole little encounter rather amusing.
But, that's the end of exam rantings because it's now OVER.
----------------THE END---------------------
Proceeding on to post-exams, it was a night of laughter and hot korean food at WAH restaurant

In case you're wondering, this is what WAH stands for...

with Angie dearest

Tracy and Kelly

A good end to a not-so-good day :)

Unless, God forbid, I failed any of my subjects and will have to retake them next semester.
Torts on saturday was shocking to say the least with me finding my ratio decidendi in a different paragraph from everyone else and facing the weirdest third question ever which almost made me break into tears of panic.
And also in the mad race against time to actually finish the bitch of a paper, this old asian invigilator stood at my desk, picked up my student ID and stared at it for the longest of periods, making me feel edgy and unnerved, blowing my concentration completely.
He then proceeded to tap me on the shoulder and asked me How do you pronounce your surname?
During an exam?!?!?!?!
But being a very polite young lady (my parents have taught me well), I smiled and said very briefly It's Gn, hoping he'll be satisfied with my answer and leave me in peace to finish my exam.
But nooooo, he went on to ask in a terribly interested voice Oh! So what dialect are you?
WHOOOAAAT?!
But I can't bear to be rude to people I don't know at all, so I smiled again and replied Oh I'm teochew and he grinned heartily and murmured Interesting, very very interesting! Very unique surname you have!
And even though I was itching to get back to my exam, I still had that polite smile plastered on my face and even spared those extra seconds to say thank you.
ARGH!!!
In retrospect, I found that whole little encounter rather amusing.
But, that's the end of exam rantings because it's now OVER.
----------------THE END---------------------
Proceeding on to post-exams, it was a night of laughter and hot korean food at WAH restaurant

In case you're wondering, this is what WAH stands for...

with Angie dearest

Tracy and Kelly

A good end to a not-so-good day :)

Now that exams are over, I should probably start clearing my disaster of a room which can only be called a ... disaster.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home