Friday, December 01, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA ELIZABETH CHIA WEN YI !














Another year has zoomed past and it's yet another year of celebrating your birthday!
I've never been more thankful for a friend like you; being the one I can tell almost anything to, share endless conversations, shopshopshop, sing retarded songs and do retarded things, treat ourselves (yay!), and for boosting my ego whenever you tell me you want to marry someone like me (heeheehee!).
And more than that, for being the friend that I'm accountable to and that I never, ever want to lose.
So Laura, here's to manymaaaaaaaaany more years of us shuttling from NZ to Brisbane and Brisbane to NZ and wading through the shops and busting the phonelines and us hollering Happy Birthday down to each other :)
Love you muchymuchy!

-

The past week has been a frenetic whirlwind of activity and I don't think I've spent a solid day at home resting, ruminating and being a bum.
I've hit the point of exhaustion where my muscles feel sorely languid from the non-stop activity. And I've also come to the realisation that I'm a horrible, horrible tourguide (sorry)

Anyway, P I C T U R E S









My cutie with his new... look. I miss his old look, but still a cutie in my eyes


I took this on the plane here. It looks divine. I have a thing for clouds, reminds me of Carebears and Care-a-Lot.


Anyway, last night was Team Squad Operation Surprise!
Of which I don't have any photos of because it's all tucked away in Hy's and Mich's cameras, but it was a good night, especially hearing Laura's (very loud) scream of surprise in the dead of the night.
It was a frantic night of texting, coordinating the timings, blowing up heart-shaped balloons which popped in Mich's and my face, melting candles, tacky eye-masks and going Ohmygosh I think she's here!..... (after a long silence).... Actually I think it's the air-con.... I think we should quieten down our hearts.... STANDBY! STANDBY!.... Is that her?!.... Haiya we still have ten minutes... She's here! She's here! SHHHHH!
Ha ha, hope you enjoyed yourself Lolaaakins because WE LOVE YOU!
Okay, photos another time.

Hmm ohwell, as age and cynicism grows, I realise how people complicate things.
Relationships hang on inexplicably precarious threads, strange bonds stem from the clots of fallacy and actions are carried out without sincerity of meaning.
Sometimes I think it's so easy to slip into the mould of society, throw away sensitivity and consideration and do things with confused half-hearted intentions, simply trying to survive the emotion as we struggle through our lives and the lives of those around us, ruffling the edges as a result.
And in the end, we get tattered and ripped circumstances, friendships that rag around the edges, problems that graze uncomfortably, and our lives become a disorderly mess.
It's probably never possible to sort our lives into distinct piles and categories, staple them and slot them into files; but yet I wonder if there's a way not to wade through things blindly, guided only by the feeling, but a way to hold on to unshakable certainty.

Now that I'm back, everyone's driving and holding that mark of passing of age and entering into adulthood, it makes me realise how far we've come along and how much we've lost and gained along the way.
Reminiscient conversations, spending time with old friends, has that throwback quality but yet imbibed with so much change that it makes me feel like this and that and ______ and _______ and so intertwined but estranged at the same time.
I start to feel ____ and like I don't _______ and maybe months or even years from now when I look back at this post I'll probably forget what this and that was, what the blanks were meant to be; but as of now, I know and that's... that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home