I spent the whole day in Sickdom, nursing a dripping nose and hoarse throat; cancelled all my plans for the day and barely budged from the couch, drifting in and out of sleep, watching bits of television intermittenly.
Oh, I watched a korean show that has the really handsome actor inside, but in this show, he was so horridly obnoxious I could barely reconcile it with the other one I watched where he was all stoic but suave and kind-hearted.
Blea :(
Ohwell, so the toll of the past week and a half has caught up with me and terribly burnt out I feel; my insides feel heady and light, my outsides are sore and aching.
I thought about this half week panned out before me and my limbs honestly felt limp with dread and fatigue.
Almost makes me wonder how I'm going to survive working 5 day 12+ hour work weeks next time, not forgetting everything else piled on top of it.
So I began to pray and ask God for strength and wisdom because I was feeling sick and drained out and on top of it stressed and insecure about what to do for later's (it's Friday already!) first CFC cell group meeting and all the other plans and meetings I've to set out for.
And as I was preparing for a time of personal worship, I started humming Still quite unconsciously to myself and then it totally hit me on the head!
Hide me now, under Your wing
Cover me, within Your mighty hand
Find rest my soul, in Christ alone
Know His power, in quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God
Ha ha, okay sorry excuse my excitement, but it was really a great comfort to me.
And after that, the ideas and notes began to come easily, I felt confidence seeping in, I felt God controlling every minute of my time and laying His hand over my sick unhealthy little body!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Oh, I watched a korean show that has the really handsome actor inside, but in this show, he was so horridly obnoxious I could barely reconcile it with the other one I watched where he was all stoic but suave and kind-hearted.
Blea :(
Ohwell, so the toll of the past week and a half has caught up with me and terribly burnt out I feel; my insides feel heady and light, my outsides are sore and aching.
I thought about this half week panned out before me and my limbs honestly felt limp with dread and fatigue.
Almost makes me wonder how I'm going to survive working 5 day 12+ hour work weeks next time, not forgetting everything else piled on top of it.
So I began to pray and ask God for strength and wisdom because I was feeling sick and drained out and on top of it stressed and insecure about what to do for later's (it's Friday already!) first CFC cell group meeting and all the other plans and meetings I've to set out for.
And as I was preparing for a time of personal worship, I started humming Still quite unconsciously to myself and then it totally hit me on the head!
Hide me now, under Your wing
Cover me, within Your mighty hand
Find rest my soul, in Christ alone
Know His power, in quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God
Ha ha, okay sorry excuse my excitement, but it was really a great comfort to me.
And after that, the ideas and notes began to come easily, I felt confidence seeping in, I felt God controlling every minute of my time and laying His hand over my sick unhealthy little body!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Amen :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home