Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I like today's weather; a cool slightly ruffled breeze, perfect for walking around. The weather should be like that all year round! Never teetering to extremes because I loathe both the cold and the sweltering heat.

Classes today were very good save for the one hour space out I drifted into during my 8am accounting tutorial. Other than that, today was the kind of day you want to happen everyday; a general pleasure derived from class, chatter which slides in and out of heartfelt to nonsensical, good company and last of all, pictures to capture all the gooooooood times!!
We got bored in between breaks and decided to.. well take pictures. Ha ha















My favourite picture of the day!
















With Angie and CC before my tummy rumbled with.. pain.














Holt Room randomness














With Lisa, the sweeeetest girl ever














HAHA. I like this one.















If you can't read what it says, it says LAW.


Everytime insecurity takes over, God plucks me swiftly out of it.
Every Wednesday, I get the usual early morning dosage of trepidation: how I'm going to trawl through accounting, how I'm going to contribute to crimlaw tute, how I'm going to stay awake during crimlaw lecture, how I'm going to feel all day.
I think about these things right before I leave the house because fatigue does me over.
Anyway, this morning I was praying before I left the house and God led me to Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Ha ha, truthfully, when I felt God's prompting to Psalm 23, I was thinking Bleaa, God, I don't like this verse very much. And that's because I was thinking how overused this verse was and it made me feel like it wasn't of much use.

But as I read it this morning, it hit me with such clarity and such comfort and I felt almost ashamed of my prior scoffing.
I realised everytime I let insecurity and fear take over, I'm not trusting in the character of God, I'm not trusting His all-encompassing role in my life; and in that instant, I was not trusting God my shepherd.
A shepherd - the man who guides the dumb sheep who often goes astray.

That as I claim that God is Lord of my life, I should also trust Him in all areas of my life.
And He is a good God, a loving and perfect Father, who'll provide me with green pastures, waters and keeps me on the right track because I am His.
And as I was plodding through the lines of the Psalm, especially when I reached the 'through the valley of the shadow of death' part, I envisioned myself as a dandy clueless little sheep keeping close to my shepherd because as long as I stayed close to Him, 'I will fear no evil' and His rod of discipline and staff of protection will comfort me.

And then, my favourite parts of the Psalm! Hee, cause it's where all the good things come :)
Anyway, reading about how God's anointing is on me, how His providence is more than enough for me, how His holiness and love will be with me always, made me so happy that I am dwelling in the house of the Lord!

Many times we claim of God's goodness, we call on Him to help us; but along the way we forget who He really is, we forget the character of God, and we try to gain control.
And this Psalm really reminded me of how I so often say I trust Him and I surrender all to Him, but yet I let myself be taken by fear and insecurity, which is so silly.

His grace is sufficient for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home