Tuesday, May 01, 2007

LOOK AT WHAT I WOKE UP TO THIS MORNING!
















Isn't it so artificially yet naturally beautiful?
I was still rolling around in bed, slipping in and out of slumber this morning and I remember feeling mildly disoriented because I'd dreamt a dream strange and disjointed, and I was praying, asking God for strength, for guidance to do what I have to do.
I remember a sweet peace descending upon me as I remembered God's provision and the how He'd never leave me nor forsake me.
Then I opened one bleary sleep-crusted eye and SAW THIS!

Reminded me of God's sign of the covenant he established between Him and Noah, that never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life; reminded me too of how gracious God was to Noah.
Poetry in motion and aesthetics aside, it was because I'd left a CD exposed on my bedside table and a shaft of sunlight caught the... (whatever you call it)... reflecting a gorgeous rainbow on the ceiling of my room!

The past few weeks have trudged by in a blur, myopic and hazy in my memory.
The last significant memory hovering at the back of my head was Laura coming to Brisbane and everything thing else seems to have melded into a state of wispy amnesia; I barely remember anything.
It makes me feel disconnected, like I've been living a dream.
From the last of my goldfish memory:













































And I finally finished my assignment!
Sometimes when I'm rushing through my work in a frenzied dismissive fashion, I wonder how I've muddled through all my life settling for such... mediocrity.
Makes me mildly ashamed that I lack the admirable tenacity and drive inherent in some people, while I sit shifting around in my comfort zone stirring in mere pipe-dreams.

Okay, I am going to book an appointment with an academic advisor and propel my lazy behind towards something constructive.
I need to get out of commerce. It's killing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home