Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"You complete me.."

Kissed Laura goodbye at the airport today, hugged each other to death, and I felt the faint and almost wistful stirrings that her holiday has come to an end. But it was a fantastic five days and I'm sooo glad she came!
And don't worry slimbean, don't feel left out because we talked about you a lot! We miss you!
Anyway, photo overload. Beware!

-

Day 1

So Laura arrived on Friday the 13th. There was none of that spooky business, superstition or whatnot, because it was the day that the Lord has made and rejoice we will in it! And we did because Laura arrived!
A rather nondescript day made wholly magic by the best company and engaging in our favourite activity (hurhur): S H O P P I N G.














Chek was in Brisbane too! So we all had a spiffing time hanging out.
















Day 2

Woke up bright and early because we were headed for Dreamworld!
Sean picked us and we trundled on our way with bellyaches, road-trip worthy sing-a-long music and very merry spirits!
Dreamworld was absolutely lovely :)
The sky that perfect shade of pale cerulean, the sun warming our backs and wind tousling our hair; it's that perfect weather which somehow makes everything sunnier, shinier and simply better!
Harhar, and there's that something about doing erm well, for lack of descriptive words, dare-devil things with your friends that bolsters your friendship and spirit of things.

After Laura's virgin double-loop roller coaster ride!





















We took ages to get the perfect jumping shot, up and down like crazy monkeys. And even so it still looks a little... lacking. But it's okay, because we still love jump shots!



















At night we headed for YF social night which was a real ball, because I love taboo and I love table tennis and we got to play both!
No pictures of that because my poor camera died even before the sky got dark.


Day 3

CHURCH DAY! And I have no pictures :( I don't know why.
We spent most of the night rolling around in bed and we watched Happy Feet which wasn't very good.


Day 4

Another day of our favourite activity! Yum :)
When we're together we do a lot of damage because I have missed one of my favourite shopping buddies. Did I tell any of you that Laura and I bonded a lot at the beginning because we both shopped best together?
We were musing about how we started becoming close because our befuddled goldfish memories eluded us and somehow we decided it was this (seemingly) frivolous activity we call shopping.
Well amongst other things of course!

















At night we headed to Sean's place to play tennis! Yay, I love sport :)
Shame it turned dark so soon and the tennis courts lights were faulty or something so we couldn't play after a while.
Was fed a fantastic dinner cooked by Sean's mum and found out that our parents know each other. I like discovering things like that, it makes the world look so small and familiar; where comfort and friends are within arm's reach. Or a phonecall at least :)





Day 5

Brought Laura around uni and she managed to meet the bulk of my uni friends. It was also Viv's BIRTHDAY! Happy 18th :)
And it was more walk-walk-walking in the city, eating, and of course being trigger happy!

My favourite photo of... the day!














And say hello to PIMP shumin.




































And me and my bright idea because I decided it would be great to walk to Three Monkeys from the Citycat station. We walked enough to burn off all our calories for the night and we were so exhausted by the time we reached Monkeys that we couldn't haul our behinds to order food.
After that Sean picked us up (yay for cars!) and we watched Stomp the Yard and despite a lot of people telling me that it sucked, my very amateur eyes thought it was rather.. good.


















Day 6

I spent the day at uni due to classes while Sean brought Laura around. And she flew away tonight :(
Florabelle, miss you already :(














-


Me: I love salad
Laura: Me too!
Me: My favourite are rocket leaves!
Laura: Oh the peppery ones? I don't really like them.

Me: Really? I like the purple lettuce too
Laura: Oh... I don't really like them either. They're a little tasteless. I loooove tomatoes and capsicums!
Me: Oh.. I don't like them the most in salad.

Laura: Oh. Ha ha we can be salad buddies! YOU COMPLETE ME!

Me: I realised I drink iced coffee mostly for the whipped cream
Laura: I don't like whipped cream
Me: Yea I know. When my whipped cream's gone, I feel quite sad and want to throw my coffee away.
Laura: Hahaha! We can be coffee buddies too! YOU COMPLETE ME!

Anyway, photos of Laura's trip HERE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home