HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENNNNZIE!

Happy Birthday to yoooou! My FPB, I still remember the very first day we met and how you ignored me. Ha ha, but funnily enough, we became such good friends after :)
I know sometimes it's been a bumpy ride of a friendship, but when I think back to those two years, you've really seen me through some of my toughest times and was always there with your comfort and encouragement.
Anyway, you're now TWENTY; no longer a teen! Ha ha, hope you'll continue to grow in Him and make many God-centred decisions.
And be a happy boy!
-
Okay, will update more another time because I neeeeeeed to start on my assignment.
And just a little thought that struck me while I was in the shower: the Bible tells us to Do to others what you would have them do to you (Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31)
This talks about a LOVE FOR OUR ENEMIES. Gasp.
Okay, honestly, I find this terribly hard.
I'm not one of those vengeful types who practise do-unto-others-what-they-have-done-to-you mantras but I turn a shoulder of indifference which is really not what the bible tells us to do.
It tells us to Do unto others what you would have them do to you.
What do we want people to do to us? DO IT TO THEM!
I was listening to a conversation and even having one of those myself earlier this week and it travelled down to talking about one of our friends and someone made a careless assumption and in my head I was thinking No, she's not like this at all!
Many times we're so careless with our words that we don't think about what we say and what it could do to others.
Sometimes it doesn't seem like much when we talk about other people; but think about how we would feel if we knew other people were talking about us?
Sometimes I struggle with the words I say, the thoughts I have and struggle even to show love to those who haven't shown love to me.
But let's learn from the One who loved us all, loved the unworthy, loved and forgave the sinners, the One who even gave up His life so that we could be free from sin.
I love You, Jesus :)
Help me to love others like how You love me.
Happy Birthday to yoooou! My FPB, I still remember the very first day we met and how you ignored me. Ha ha, but funnily enough, we became such good friends after :)
I know sometimes it's been a bumpy ride of a friendship, but when I think back to those two years, you've really seen me through some of my toughest times and was always there with your comfort and encouragement.
Anyway, you're now TWENTY; no longer a teen! Ha ha, hope you'll continue to grow in Him and make many God-centred decisions.
And be a happy boy!
-
Okay, will update more another time because I neeeeeeed to start on my assignment.
And just a little thought that struck me while I was in the shower: the Bible tells us to Do to others what you would have them do to you (Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31)
This talks about a LOVE FOR OUR ENEMIES. Gasp.
Okay, honestly, I find this terribly hard.
I'm not one of those vengeful types who practise do-unto-others-what-they-have-done-to-you mantras but I turn a shoulder of indifference which is really not what the bible tells us to do.
It tells us to Do unto others what you would have them do to you.
What do we want people to do to us? DO IT TO THEM!
I was listening to a conversation and even having one of those myself earlier this week and it travelled down to talking about one of our friends and someone made a careless assumption and in my head I was thinking No, she's not like this at all!
Many times we're so careless with our words that we don't think about what we say and what it could do to others.
Sometimes it doesn't seem like much when we talk about other people; but think about how we would feel if we knew other people were talking about us?
Sometimes I struggle with the words I say, the thoughts I have and struggle even to show love to those who haven't shown love to me.
But let's learn from the One who loved us all, loved the unworthy, loved and forgave the sinners, the One who even gave up His life so that we could be free from sin.
I love You, Jesus :)
Help me to love others like how You love me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home