Tuesday, April 25, 2006

this is the typical mid-semester exam situation in 46 Dell Road I've observed.

I'll be huddled in my jammies by the lounge's coffee table/our pseudo dinner table with my law books and notes strewn all over, studying under the glow of table lamps.
and while I pore through principles and cases, David will be in his room studying and humming a whole string of songs with different sound effects like pum pum pum du du du and occasional outbursts of SHE TOOK MY MONEEY!! and FAR OUT!
and over in the little room by the kitchen which is Joey's room, I can hear Joey's constant babble to his girlfriend about their countless issues and friends punctuated by numerous dears (that's how I know he's talking to his girlfriend).
his stream of chatter doesn't quite interrupt my train of thought, but I rather like it amidst the silence of studying.
I won't hear a single sound from Derek while he's studying because he's got his room door shut and we all know he's concentrating hard on his work.
I can't quite hear Connie and Jasmine because their room is furthest away, but I can hear the faint lilt of Connie's music playing and her warble and occasionally their sudden outburst of chatter.

it was during this quiet observation that I realised I do regard them as my surrogate family here.



(I realise I blog incessantly during exam period)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home