way, waaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind for contract law.
in fact, that's one of the biggest things on my mind, but somehow it only seems to have size and no mass because none of this weight is propelling me to open my law book and start ingesting principles and cases.
and there are a ton of it to memorise.
and it scares me that my favourite tut is actually contract law and I honestly have a real ball discussing whether or not there is a contract between two parties, etc
it's just the exam bit that I don't particularly savour, because of the copious amount of things I have to memorise.
so after my contract tut, we headed off to the city and for the very first time since I've been here (yes, yes I know I'm slow, don't knock me) I took the CityCat!
the CityCat is sort of like a public bus except it's on the river and it zigzags across the Brisbane river taking you from stop to stop.
it was a very very pretty sight, riding the CityCat and watching the city lights flicker and the cars zoom by on the highways by the riverbank with the wind billowing in your hair.
it felt very surreal, very isolated but yet very peaceful.
it reminded me of the time in sec3 on the KL sports trip when we were taking a boat from KL to some crab island and I sat at the end of the boat, just watching the swamps bypass me.
so, on the boat, I had quite alot to think.
I thought about my friends back home, I thought about my friends here, I thought about what people have said, I thought about myself, I thought about what I'd do with mich when she's here, I thought what I'd do should other people come, I thought about special people, I thought about not-so-special people, I thought about God, I thought about all the things I'd like to say but never say and I thought about what I'm doing here.
and maybe all that thinking had infiltrated into my subconsciousness because I had the deepest, most vivid dream ever since I've been here and it was a great dream, save for the part when I woke up.
because I realised it wasn't real.
but all that aside, last night was great save for a few muckups like our food!
we went to some restaurant and when I saw seafood laksa on the list, I ordered it straightaway except it had a play-doh aftertaste.
and because we tend to speak in chinese when we want to say things that we don't other people to understand, David went na me xiao.. when Joey's little bowl of curry came.
except, we were in an asian restaurant!!!!
so, I had my first movie and first trip to Southbank (lots of first times, again, don't knock me cause I'm slow!) since I've been here.

Inside Man was fab because I love sneaky ol' plots like these.
I can do without heavy gun shooting and lots of special effects, because I'm not much of an action movie fan, but I absolutely adore it when it has a great plot, like Infernal Affairs (which has to be my favourite police-and-thug film).
anyway, I don't know what came over me but when we came home last night, I sat in front of the laptop and read celebrity gossip sites with junk food on hand.
yup, two hours reading about Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and Ashlee Simpson with a bottle of coke and a bag of crisps.
in fact, that's one of the biggest things on my mind, but somehow it only seems to have size and no mass because none of this weight is propelling me to open my law book and start ingesting principles and cases.
and there are a ton of it to memorise.
and it scares me that my favourite tut is actually contract law and I honestly have a real ball discussing whether or not there is a contract between two parties, etc
it's just the exam bit that I don't particularly savour, because of the copious amount of things I have to memorise.
so after my contract tut, we headed off to the city and for the very first time since I've been here (yes, yes I know I'm slow, don't knock me) I took the CityCat!
the CityCat is sort of like a public bus except it's on the river and it zigzags across the Brisbane river taking you from stop to stop.
it was a very very pretty sight, riding the CityCat and watching the city lights flicker and the cars zoom by on the highways by the riverbank with the wind billowing in your hair.
it felt very surreal, very isolated but yet very peaceful.
it reminded me of the time in sec3 on the KL sports trip when we were taking a boat from KL to some crab island and I sat at the end of the boat, just watching the swamps bypass me.
so, on the boat, I had quite alot to think.
I thought about my friends back home, I thought about my friends here, I thought about what people have said, I thought about myself, I thought about what I'd do with mich when she's here, I thought what I'd do should other people come, I thought about special people, I thought about not-so-special people, I thought about God, I thought about all the things I'd like to say but never say and I thought about what I'm doing here.
and maybe all that thinking had infiltrated into my subconsciousness because I had the deepest, most vivid dream ever since I've been here and it was a great dream, save for the part when I woke up.
because I realised it wasn't real.
but all that aside, last night was great save for a few muckups like our food!
we went to some restaurant and when I saw seafood laksa on the list, I ordered it straightaway except it had a play-doh aftertaste.
and because we tend to speak in chinese when we want to say things that we don't other people to understand, David went na me xiao.. when Joey's little bowl of curry came.
except, we were in an asian restaurant!!!!
so, I had my first movie and first trip to Southbank (lots of first times, again, don't knock me cause I'm slow!) since I've been here.

Inside Man was fab because I love sneaky ol' plots like these.
I can do without heavy gun shooting and lots of special effects, because I'm not much of an action movie fan, but I absolutely adore it when it has a great plot, like Infernal Affairs (which has to be my favourite police-and-thug film).
anyway, I don't know what came over me but when we came home last night, I sat in front of the laptop and read celebrity gossip sites with junk food on hand.
yup, two hours reading about Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and Ashlee Simpson with a bottle of coke and a bag of crisps.
how, erm.. lovely.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home