something really cute happened in class today.
I entered my accounting tutorial and this aussie (I forgot his name) said to me lai .. (something)
me: what?!
aussie: lai.. qu? or is it.. zuo? yknow come and sit
me: did you just speak in chinese to me?!
then we were doing a couple of questions and he passed me a note which said wo bu hui!
and I seriously couldn't help it I burst out laughing.
then he wrote another note which said wo bu chou yan!
I was seriously tickled by his little chinese notes.
and compared to the sickeningly boring and incomprehensible accounting tut, chinese seemed like a whole lot more fun.
so I wish I was taking chinese lessons once again, because it certainly beats accounting.
and another thing which struck me as really funny and strange was when I was talking to this malaysian australian (Joel, I remember his name!) the other day and he was like oh! so you're from singapore! whereabout?
and I know people from the states or something have a tendancy to go, oh I'm from Seattle, Washington or something like that but I was thinking, what the heelll am I supposed to say?!
Hi, I'm from Yio Chu Kang, Singapore.
-_-
ha ha, but I'm still so tickled by that aussie in my class.
I entered my accounting tutorial and this aussie (I forgot his name) said to me lai .. (something)
me: what?!
aussie: lai.. qu? or is it.. zuo? yknow come and sit
me: did you just speak in chinese to me?!
then we were doing a couple of questions and he passed me a note which said wo bu hui!
and I seriously couldn't help it I burst out laughing.
then he wrote another note which said wo bu chou yan!
I was seriously tickled by his little chinese notes.
and compared to the sickeningly boring and incomprehensible accounting tut, chinese seemed like a whole lot more fun.
so I wish I was taking chinese lessons once again, because it certainly beats accounting.
and another thing which struck me as really funny and strange was when I was talking to this malaysian australian (Joel, I remember his name!) the other day and he was like oh! so you're from singapore! whereabout?
and I know people from the states or something have a tendancy to go, oh I'm from Seattle, Washington or something like that but I was thinking, what the heelll am I supposed to say?!
Hi, I'm from Yio Chu Kang, Singapore.
-_-
ha ha, but I'm still so tickled by that aussie in my class.
anyways, I'm about to make a call to my mom whining about how much I LOATHE commerce and I want to switch to Law/Arts..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home