I was walking out of my apartment today and I saw a dead bird lying on the grass next to the swimming pool.
I thought it was really cute, though admittedly, that's a rather perverse and callous thought.
But it looked really cute, because it wasn't lying in typical deadbird/roadkill fashion with semi-squashed body and matted feathers, but instead, it was lying flat on its back with its beak open and toothpick legs sticking up in the air.
Just like the birds in cartoons when they've knocked into a tree and come plummeting down to the bottom with flying birds squacking above them.
Except, this bird looked like it had been baked in the sun for too long and had died from dehydration.
Which was another really cute thing, I found this dead sunbathing-looking bird by the poolside.
I really wanted to take a picture of it but I didn't have my camera.
So if it's still there tomorrow morning, I'll take a picture of it to show all of you.
I've also discovered that animal-karma is making its rounds.
Because today, I maliciously intentionally stepped over an ant, and immediately after I tripped on a crevice in the concrete.
Then as I was climbing the stairs, again I maliciously intentionally stepped over another ant, and immediately after I tripped on the steps.
Twice in a row with such immediate action after that is too much of a coincidence isn't it?
So as of now, I will try to be nice to all animals.
Emphasis on the 'all', because until today, I'd always thought I'd been nice to animals but I realised that the word animals extends even to ants and birds and does not just consist of dogs and cats and hamsters and turtles.
Also, I was watching Over the Hedge and what I've learnt is that animal exterminators and people who hate animals will suffer a horrible end with a semi-bald head and get locked up in jail.
So moral of the story today is, boys and girls, be kind to animals.
I thought it was really cute, though admittedly, that's a rather perverse and callous thought.
But it looked really cute, because it wasn't lying in typical deadbird/roadkill fashion with semi-squashed body and matted feathers, but instead, it was lying flat on its back with its beak open and toothpick legs sticking up in the air.
Just like the birds in cartoons when they've knocked into a tree and come plummeting down to the bottom with flying birds squacking above them.
Except, this bird looked like it had been baked in the sun for too long and had died from dehydration.
Which was another really cute thing, I found this dead sunbathing-looking bird by the poolside.
I really wanted to take a picture of it but I didn't have my camera.
So if it's still there tomorrow morning, I'll take a picture of it to show all of you.
I've also discovered that animal-karma is making its rounds.
Because today, I maliciously intentionally stepped over an ant, and immediately after I tripped on a crevice in the concrete.
Then as I was climbing the stairs, again I maliciously intentionally stepped over another ant, and immediately after I tripped on the steps.
Twice in a row with such immediate action after that is too much of a coincidence isn't it?
So as of now, I will try to be nice to all animals.
Emphasis on the 'all', because until today, I'd always thought I'd been nice to animals but I realised that the word animals extends even to ants and birds and does not just consist of dogs and cats and hamsters and turtles.
Also, I was watching Over the Hedge and what I've learnt is that animal exterminators and people who hate animals will suffer a horrible end with a semi-bald head and get locked up in jail.
So moral of the story today is, boys and girls, be kind to animals.
And my brain is also currently fried from five hours straight of uni that all I can babble on about is birds and ants.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home