HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABRIEL TAN AIK HOONG!

I know it's slightly lately cause your birthday is on SECOND OCTOBER (I haven't forgotten, just haven't blogged)!
Anyway, this is one great big shoutout to you my favourite Lentorian, favourite neighbour of all time; the one whom I'll share a cab home with, the one who always very generously provides his house, food, alcohol and mahjong table!
It seems like ages ago where I first met you in 2004 but it's been all good all the way, from our humble beginnings in the mahjong gang (aye aye captain!!) to fellow ngflcorpers to team zoo; and not forgetting all the times we'd go to your house and play the night away and have a ball of a time.
Thanks for being such a grrrrrrrrrreat friend and happy, happy birthday :)
I hope it was a great one!
-
My body clock has been kicked into a serious funk and I just hope it somehow kicks itself back to the normal routine so I can start sleeping and eating like a normal person.
And I was doing my laundry and packing my wardrobe today and I've concluded that there's gonna be NO MORE SHOPPING until I get back to Singapore.
I was just folding piles and piles of clothes, found some with the tags still hanging from the labels, found heaps which I haven't worn in aeons and as I folded piece after piece of clothing, I was thinking how on earth did I manage to accumulate so many clothes and many of which I don't wear?!
And all that guilt crept up on me, as I sat feeling forlorn and absolutely wasteful.
So no more shopping.
The only shopping I'll be doing is for other people and if I ever feel the need to browse through racks, I'll drag someone along with me and pick clothes for... them :)
And it all works out very neatly I reckon; I still get to look at clothes and in the process I make other people happy by picking out nice clothes for them AND not spend money.

I know it's slightly lately cause your birthday is on SECOND OCTOBER (I haven't forgotten, just haven't blogged)!
Anyway, this is one great big shoutout to you my favourite Lentorian, favourite neighbour of all time; the one whom I'll share a cab home with, the one who always very generously provides his house, food, alcohol and mahjong table!
It seems like ages ago where I first met you in 2004 but it's been all good all the way, from our humble beginnings in the mahjong gang (aye aye captain!!) to fellow ngflcorpers to team zoo; and not forgetting all the times we'd go to your house and play the night away and have a ball of a time.
Thanks for being such a grrrrrrrrrreat friend and happy, happy birthday :)
I hope it was a great one!
-
My body clock has been kicked into a serious funk and I just hope it somehow kicks itself back to the normal routine so I can start sleeping and eating like a normal person.
And I was doing my laundry and packing my wardrobe today and I've concluded that there's gonna be NO MORE SHOPPING until I get back to Singapore.
I was just folding piles and piles of clothes, found some with the tags still hanging from the labels, found heaps which I haven't worn in aeons and as I folded piece after piece of clothing, I was thinking how on earth did I manage to accumulate so many clothes and many of which I don't wear?!
And all that guilt crept up on me, as I sat feeling forlorn and absolutely wasteful.
So no more shopping.
The only shopping I'll be doing is for other people and if I ever feel the need to browse through racks, I'll drag someone along with me and pick clothes for... them :)
And it all works out very neatly I reckon; I still get to look at clothes and in the process I make other people happy by picking out nice clothes for them AND not spend money.
I seriously have to make up for all that moola I've wasted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home