So I got to talk to Soozie and Cel last night over the phone and it was such a comfort to hear their voices, especially with Sue being 9 hours behind starting from about... now.
Soozie, if you're reading this, remember to take care of yourself and all your gazillion bags, don't shop too much and learn to cook please. And TEXT ME YOUR UK MOBILE NUMBER!
Heh and I hope your pretty face hasn't shrivelled and dried up on that 14 hour plane ride without your beloved moisturiser. OH, and you owe me a nice long lengthy email. And be good.
Love you and miss you muchly seeecksy tall bean Sooziegirl!

-
After yakking on the phone, I was lying in bed thinking of all the good and bad times and maybe it was the engulfing darkness and deathly echoing of memories, but I suddenly began to feel so small.
You look back, you look at the present, you're somewhat proud at how far you've come along, but yet there's that tiny little bit of self-doubt that creeps up on you once in a while and as you huddle beneath the covers, you feel so small and so insignificant.
It's just one of those days where you feel as though you're not good enough, weren't ever good enough and nothing you do will make you good enough.
You think about all the people that don't think about you, the people you've let down, the people that let you down and all those times you tried so hard but nothing ever worked.
It was just one of those nights where I felt I wasn't pretty enough, wasn't smart enough, wasn't capable enough, wasn't sweet enough, wasn't understanding enough, wasn't determined enough, wasn't lovable enough; I felt like I hadn't been a good enough daughter, good enough sister, good enough friend.
And as I was lying there feeling small, insignificant and terribly irritated (because I don't feel like that normally, but when I do... I do), two little verses popped into my mind and God reminded me in Psalms 139:13-14
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
and in Hebrews 13:5-6
" 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?' "
And it made me feel a lot better because I may be small, but I've got a God who's bigger than anything and who's got my entire life in His hands and never fails to forgive :)
And like it says in Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
And so I might have made a lot of mistakes and be lacking in many areas, but when I look back, He has seen me through every dark and low period and I've come out of it stronger and tougher than before because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
And I know He'll see me through the days to come.
-
You go before me
You shield my way
Your hand upholds me
Soozie, if you're reading this, remember to take care of yourself and all your gazillion bags, don't shop too much and learn to cook please. And TEXT ME YOUR UK MOBILE NUMBER!
Heh and I hope your pretty face hasn't shrivelled and dried up on that 14 hour plane ride without your beloved moisturiser. OH, and you owe me a nice long lengthy email. And be good.
Love you and miss you muchly seeecksy tall bean Sooziegirl!

-
After yakking on the phone, I was lying in bed thinking of all the good and bad times and maybe it was the engulfing darkness and deathly echoing of memories, but I suddenly began to feel so small.
You look back, you look at the present, you're somewhat proud at how far you've come along, but yet there's that tiny little bit of self-doubt that creeps up on you once in a while and as you huddle beneath the covers, you feel so small and so insignificant.
It's just one of those days where you feel as though you're not good enough, weren't ever good enough and nothing you do will make you good enough.
You think about all the people that don't think about you, the people you've let down, the people that let you down and all those times you tried so hard but nothing ever worked.
It was just one of those nights where I felt I wasn't pretty enough, wasn't smart enough, wasn't capable enough, wasn't sweet enough, wasn't understanding enough, wasn't determined enough, wasn't lovable enough; I felt like I hadn't been a good enough daughter, good enough sister, good enough friend.
And as I was lying there feeling small, insignificant and terribly irritated (because I don't feel like that normally, but when I do... I do), two little verses popped into my mind and God reminded me in Psalms 139:13-14
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
and in Hebrews 13:5-6
" 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?' "
And it made me feel a lot better because I may be small, but I've got a God who's bigger than anything and who's got my entire life in His hands and never fails to forgive :)
And like it says in Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
And so I might have made a lot of mistakes and be lacking in many areas, but when I look back, He has seen me through every dark and low period and I've come out of it stronger and tougher than before because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
And I know He'll see me through the days to come.
-
You go before me
You shield my way
Your hand upholds me
I know You love me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home