omagad.
I am exhausted.
I woke up at a very unearthly hour of 6am (something I haven't done since... since a long time ago) and trudged to Han's house bleary with sleep and my brain existing as one very straight line, thinking bed, bed, bed, bed... ..
Anyway for Renewalk (or ReneRUN in my case), I came in with a very glorious position of (120/5 + 6) x 6 - 100 + 24 (HAHA, okay if you're bored enough you can go figure, but think BIG anyway)
And I seriously thought I was going to asphyxiate and die when I reached the first uphill.
When I was crawling at snail's pace I was reminded about the speeding ghost of my past; the fit and fast squash days where we'd skip 2000 times and then run 8 rounds on the track and then go back into the courts for more drills and I could feel my lungs expanding with a whoooosh and I'd think That was gooooood.
But anyways, ghost is right.
Because those days are long gone.
Since Cheryl (hi Cheryl, I know you're reading this) reckons that my blog is too emo and too reflective, I shall charge back to typical blog style about the little ups and downs of my days.
Yesterday was lunch with the churchies followed by Ultimate which didn't really materialise due to the lack of number of people.
So the time was spent tossing a frisbee around and shooting the breeze (I've always liked this phrase although I've never figured out why having a yak outside is called shooting the breeze) before I tried my first hand at badminton.
Hitting a shuttlecock back and forth over your front gate is one thing, learning the rules and playing a real proper game if another because I honestly haven't felt so freaked out about a game since I was 13 and played my first squash friendly against SCGS and got trashed so badly.
But I had a good time anyhow, thinking BIG and learning to serve, stick my racket out and all the other baddy stuff which I get the gist of, but don't quite get the hang of.
And, on another note, I don't think I'll be able to move tomorrow.
I am exhausted.
I woke up at a very unearthly hour of 6am (something I haven't done since... since a long time ago) and trudged to Han's house bleary with sleep and my brain existing as one very straight line, thinking bed, bed, bed, bed... ..
Anyway for Renewalk (or ReneRUN in my case), I came in with a very glorious position of (120/5 + 6) x 6 - 100 + 24 (HAHA, okay if you're bored enough you can go figure, but think BIG anyway)
And I seriously thought I was going to asphyxiate and die when I reached the first uphill.
When I was crawling at snail's pace I was reminded about the speeding ghost of my past; the fit and fast squash days where we'd skip 2000 times and then run 8 rounds on the track and then go back into the courts for more drills and I could feel my lungs expanding with a whoooosh and I'd think That was gooooood.
But anyways, ghost is right.
Because those days are long gone.
Since Cheryl (hi Cheryl, I know you're reading this) reckons that my blog is too emo and too reflective, I shall charge back to typical blog style about the little ups and downs of my days.
Yesterday was lunch with the churchies followed by Ultimate which didn't really materialise due to the lack of number of people.
So the time was spent tossing a frisbee around and shooting the breeze (I've always liked this phrase although I've never figured out why having a yak outside is called shooting the breeze) before I tried my first hand at badminton.
Hitting a shuttlecock back and forth over your front gate is one thing, learning the rules and playing a real proper game if another because I honestly haven't felt so freaked out about a game since I was 13 and played my first squash friendly against SCGS and got trashed so badly.
But I had a good time anyhow, thinking BIG and learning to serve, stick my racket out and all the other baddy stuff which I get the gist of, but don't quite get the hang of.
And, on another note, I don't think I'll be able to move tomorrow.
I can feel it in my muscles.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home