Thursday, September 28, 2006

So I've been a little MIA lately, but on a quick (picture-filled) update, the last few days have been pretty fab.

Saturday was Angie and Chi's 19th birthday party and a great night of food, fun, laughter and mad karaoke.
Especially when there was a sing-out between the girls, boys, and the next table full of cute adolescent kids which remind me sadly how we grow out of cute stages into gangly awkward ones, looking in between ages, all pimply and confused.

It was over to Angie's for the after-party where we rolled in rounds of mahjong (I won! I won!) and random piano playing before most people left.
Then it was up to those sleeping over (Tiff, Geewai and I) to burn the night away; and burn the night away we did with more rounds of mahjong, Geewai's supremely annoying rule-making game of Bartok (or however you spell it), 99 and Mario Party which I really suck at.
After hours of glory wins, Thank you, Too slow and False accusations, number-counting, stars-and-coins-hogger (Geewai) and that evil laughing Bowser, we finally gained some shuteye at 7.30 in the morning.

Angelaaaaaaa.. and me :)



Tiff, Angie and me


I WON BEST RANDOM PHOTO OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!














Birthday girls Angie and Chi :)















Good times, good times



My PW Angie and I :)


Monday was spent doing part of my assignment before we headed for KK.
It was a good night save for the sticky, sweaty crowd because I could feel waves of heat emanating from the dancefloor; plus, being vertically challenged, you tend to inhale recycled breaths of carbon dioxide and be in close proximity to sweaty armpits.
Not cool, not cool.

But it was still a good night, especially when we headed to the less claustrophobic techno floor, where we all went a little crazy with retarded hand movements, bobbing up and down and waving those little glow sticks in the air.
I honestly think techno is an excuse for people to do stupid things without looking obviously stupid.
I'm never a fan of techno, but I'm always a fan of doing retarded things, so it was all good.

There were also all those moments hanging outside 7/11 downing bottles of water, eating my sandwich and of course, how can I forget NUMBER2!!
The suss moment which I completely did not catch on til it was long over and Jimmy, May and Angie To would go Number 2! Number 2! everytime Number 2 passed.

Me, Tiff, Angie, Ann, May and Chi














groooooooupie.















Angie bunked over at my place after and we stayed up til the wee hours of 6.30am talking before falling asleeping and me pouring instant mac&cheese, cookies and shapes down her throat.
We bummed around all day, her on my laptop and me rolling around in bed, talking til the sun came down (literally).
Then feeling a little bored and lonely at night, I headed over to Wanping's where she very kindly offered me her mooncake (snowskin!!!!!!) and we watched The Joy Luck Club which I really loved.

-

So today was spent doing my assignment where I managed to not render much help but succeed in feeling a little like a useless fool :(
It was David's family's last night so I spent the night talking to Ben who used to go to ACJC but whom I never actually talked to.
And it was great reliving the good old days in ACJC and spilling a little goss here and there and cracking up over lousy maths grades and lousy GPAs.
Gave Mambo (yessss, they organised Mambo here!) a miss tonight, choosing to work on my (brain/life-sucking, torturous, annoying as hell) assignment and wishing everything was back in the place it should be.

Ohwell, I can't wait for the weekend.
Weekend, hurry up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home