I was just thinking... What would it be like if we could rewrite history?
Cliched I know, but nonetheless, go back to the awkward ruffled age of teenagehood, pick up the clean book of our lives and write out a new life; choosing new friends, taking up new activities, making different choices, etc.
I'm not even talking about trawling through our pool of regrets and correcting wrongs to rights, but simply snapping back to the start and thrusting a new foot from that hopeful beginning and writing out the possible directions our lives could take.
It's making me quite excited, actually!
Like, what if I hadn't met you? What if I'd chosen to hang out with someone else? What if I'd chosen to invest my time towards... something else? What if I didn't cut my hair that way... ... What if I'd taken up something like... handbells! Or track&field! Maybe in my rewritten history, I'd have an undiscovered talent for s w i m m i n g.. ha ha okay that's probably taking it to the extreme but you get my drift.
But amidst all the wistful whims, I've been struggling; struggling to find my secure place of peace, earnestly asking God why am I wedged in such a snug yet disagreeable position.
When every little seemingly insignificant thing pile themselves into an unsightly heap I feel all I need is to give it one good kick and tumbling down it will go; just struggling to prop that energy in my metaphorical knees.
Plus stuffy noses, blocked ears and proliferous pms pangs never paved the way to clarity, just a prickly muted path: dull and irritating.
But praise God for little pleasures that has lifted my spirit above the little struggles :)
Fellowship, lunch with friends, but most most importantly (which made me the happiest!) dinner and upbeat conversations with family, lazing on the couch with the females of the house squealing over one of the handsomest men on television(L! D! W!) and rolling around with the cutest pooch in the whole wide world.
Cliched I know, but nonetheless, go back to the awkward ruffled age of teenagehood, pick up the clean book of our lives and write out a new life; choosing new friends, taking up new activities, making different choices, etc.
I'm not even talking about trawling through our pool of regrets and correcting wrongs to rights, but simply snapping back to the start and thrusting a new foot from that hopeful beginning and writing out the possible directions our lives could take.
It's making me quite excited, actually!
Like, what if I hadn't met you? What if I'd chosen to hang out with someone else? What if I'd chosen to invest my time towards... something else? What if I didn't cut my hair that way... ... What if I'd taken up something like... handbells! Or track&field! Maybe in my rewritten history, I'd have an undiscovered talent for s w i m m i n g.. ha ha okay that's probably taking it to the extreme but you get my drift.
But amidst all the wistful whims, I've been struggling; struggling to find my secure place of peace, earnestly asking God why am I wedged in such a snug yet disagreeable position.
When every little seemingly insignificant thing pile themselves into an unsightly heap I feel all I need is to give it one good kick and tumbling down it will go; just struggling to prop that energy in my metaphorical knees.
Plus stuffy noses, blocked ears and proliferous pms pangs never paved the way to clarity, just a prickly muted path: dull and irritating.
But praise God for little pleasures that has lifted my spirit above the little struggles :)
Fellowship, lunch with friends, but most most importantly (which made me the happiest!) dinner and upbeat conversations with family, lazing on the couch with the females of the house squealing over one of the handsomest men on television(L! D! W!) and rolling around with the cutest pooch in the whole wide world.
I lovee :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home