It's been a long week, longish.
So on Wednesday Celene, Mich, Joan, Les and Slow came over to dispel any extra-induced vday loneliness by sharing love with one another and food.
Then my stomach began a fitful riot and my entire Thursday's plans were cancelled as I nursed a dreadful stomach flu.
Friday carried on with more stomach rebellions as I ran errands with my Mom before settling somewhat nicely with a reunion dinner feast that I left half untouched due to the internal riots.
Then I hung out with Marc, Tat and Owen and finally taught Owen and Tat how to play bridge.
I couldn't sleep the whooooole night and finally collapsed in slumber at approximately 12 noon today.
Then I had my second reunion dinner with the other side of my family and lost a whopping $50 to my grandma the reigning mahjong queen.
It sounds like a lot, feels like a lot, but yet doesn't seem like a lot.
Maybe my medication's made me dopey or something but I seem to be flitting in and out of myself and becoming forgetful and muddled.
So I'd read something and feel melancholy for a moment then five minutes later, I'd jerk back to a composed state of mind, but extremely perplexed because I can't remember whatever it was that made me sad.
And this cycle repeated itself several times throughout the day.
I don't like knowing that I'm leaving in the midst of chinese new year.
It means there are so many things propping itself on the fringes of my head.
Trying to enjoy myself in the festivity of chinese new year, plus remembering I have a million and one things to pack and tick off my list, plus I still have classes to sign on for, and all the people I still have to meet.
I keep thinking about people lately, everyone, especially those close to me.
Thinking about people is so natural but yet so trying, I don't know why.
Maybe it's because it's the one thing that is alive and changing, the one thing we always have to wonder about, and the one thing we can love so much.
And lately I'm becoming a worrywart, worrying about everyone and everything, and worrying about not worrying.
So on Wednesday Celene, Mich, Joan, Les and Slow came over to dispel any extra-induced vday loneliness by sharing love with one another and food.
Then my stomach began a fitful riot and my entire Thursday's plans were cancelled as I nursed a dreadful stomach flu.
Friday carried on with more stomach rebellions as I ran errands with my Mom before settling somewhat nicely with a reunion dinner feast that I left half untouched due to the internal riots.
Then I hung out with Marc, Tat and Owen and finally taught Owen and Tat how to play bridge.
I couldn't sleep the whooooole night and finally collapsed in slumber at approximately 12 noon today.
Then I had my second reunion dinner with the other side of my family and lost a whopping $50 to my grandma the reigning mahjong queen.
It sounds like a lot, feels like a lot, but yet doesn't seem like a lot.
Maybe my medication's made me dopey or something but I seem to be flitting in and out of myself and becoming forgetful and muddled.
So I'd read something and feel melancholy for a moment then five minutes later, I'd jerk back to a composed state of mind, but extremely perplexed because I can't remember whatever it was that made me sad.
And this cycle repeated itself several times throughout the day.
I don't like knowing that I'm leaving in the midst of chinese new year.
It means there are so many things propping itself on the fringes of my head.
Trying to enjoy myself in the festivity of chinese new year, plus remembering I have a million and one things to pack and tick off my list, plus I still have classes to sign on for, and all the people I still have to meet.
I keep thinking about people lately, everyone, especially those close to me.
Thinking about people is so natural but yet so trying, I don't know why.
Maybe it's because it's the one thing that is alive and changing, the one thing we always have to wonder about, and the one thing we can love so much.
And lately I'm becoming a worrywart, worrying about everyone and everything, and worrying about not worrying.
Ohweell, sorry people if I haven't really been keeping in touch lately, it's been a long week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home