Lately I've taken to stashing. And storing.
Maybe it's the small confines of my room that has seen the accumulated junk of Enid Blyton books to hastily scribbled notes and pictures of contorted smiles and noseless MGS girls that lie in bits and pieces everywhere; so I simply stash and store, stash and store.
It's become a bit of a habit now, because I'm so used to seeing the focal points of my room, like my books stacked haphazardly on the shelf, my endless cups of faulty pens lying next to colourful boxes of jewellery, and everything else becomes peripheral.
So everytime something new enters my room, regardless of how much I love it or how much it creates a pang within me or how I'm simply indifferent towards it, I'll stash it somewhere, anywhere: under my bed, in my cupboard, my drawers, the nook and crannies of my shelf.
Somehow, leaving it out in the open where it's visible throws me, glaring like a tiny eyesore, leaving me disconcerted and unnerved.
And being all typical and analogous, harharhar, I'm going to say it's such a decent reflection of my life now.
Stash and store, stash and store; leave the surface the same and everything feels fine.
A little cluttered, maybe.
But at least I feel I'm on safe ground.
And like the things in my room, once I've gotten used to the idea of knowing it's lying somewhere around, I'll take it out slowly and get used to it and after a while, it becomes a part of me and melds into the confines of my life... room... both!
Anywaaaaaaaaaaaay, random displaced thoughts aside, it's now time for PICTURES!
In random order, sorta.
Dinner tonight with Gab and Tat where we ate so much I thought I was going to swell up and tumble down a hill.
Tried Gab's favourite and much exclaimed chicken chop (ok, very good!) and then we caved in to Tat's kaya toast and halfboiled egg craving and I felt so full after I really thought I was going to.. well swellupandtumbledownahill.

Marc met us after and we spent a good time on our heavy behinds yakking.
And this is my favourite picture of the night even though my hair looks strange. Yeayea, I'm vaaain. harharhar.


gaygab :)



And any day that I get presents is a good day! Deception, indeeeeeeeed. But very thoughtful and meticulous deception so thank you :)

-
Okay, rewind many days back (Friday!) was CFC's (Crazy for Christ!) second official cell group meeting! Hooray!
Lots of good food, good conversations and learning about Jesus; what better way to spend my time?
With Cass-the-strange, one of my favouritest people :)

And here's Poanie with the ponies. Also strange, but also one of my favouritest people.

This is how we look like during cell. Or they look like.

And okay, horrendous act chio gummy photos

-
And guess who I met and caught up with on Saturday?
My kindy and primary school best friend of eight years Judy Goh Geok San (extreme right) who's still as pretty as ever!
And of course not forgetting fellow Brisbanite Jasmine :)

-
And then Monday was lunch at Hanabi with the pals! Where they very cunningly hid and disguised the food they couldn't finish in tiptop artsy fartsy and thoughtfully arranged fashion.
Okay, no pictures to show all that because all I have is us with the... peas.


-
Okay I realised posting photos and describing the stories behind them is very tedious indeed.
Maybe it's the small confines of my room that has seen the accumulated junk of Enid Blyton books to hastily scribbled notes and pictures of contorted smiles and noseless MGS girls that lie in bits and pieces everywhere; so I simply stash and store, stash and store.
It's become a bit of a habit now, because I'm so used to seeing the focal points of my room, like my books stacked haphazardly on the shelf, my endless cups of faulty pens lying next to colourful boxes of jewellery, and everything else becomes peripheral.
So everytime something new enters my room, regardless of how much I love it or how much it creates a pang within me or how I'm simply indifferent towards it, I'll stash it somewhere, anywhere: under my bed, in my cupboard, my drawers, the nook and crannies of my shelf.
Somehow, leaving it out in the open where it's visible throws me, glaring like a tiny eyesore, leaving me disconcerted and unnerved.
And being all typical and analogous, harharhar, I'm going to say it's such a decent reflection of my life now.
Stash and store, stash and store; leave the surface the same and everything feels fine.
A little cluttered, maybe.
But at least I feel I'm on safe ground.
And like the things in my room, once I've gotten used to the idea of knowing it's lying somewhere around, I'll take it out slowly and get used to it and after a while, it becomes a part of me and melds into the confines of my life... room... both!
Anywaaaaaaaaaaaay, random displaced thoughts aside, it's now time for PICTURES!
In random order, sorta.
Dinner tonight with Gab and Tat where we ate so much I thought I was going to swell up and tumble down a hill.
Tried Gab's favourite and much exclaimed chicken chop (ok, very good!) and then we caved in to Tat's kaya toast and halfboiled egg craving and I felt so full after I really thought I was going to.. well swellupandtumbledownahill.

Marc met us after and we spent a good time on our heavy behinds yakking.
And this is my favourite picture of the night even though my hair looks strange. Yeayea, I'm vaaain. harharhar.


gaygab :)



And any day that I get presents is a good day! Deception, indeeeeeeeed. But very thoughtful and meticulous deception so thank you :)

-
Okay, rewind many days back (Friday!) was CFC's (Crazy for Christ!) second official cell group meeting! Hooray!
Lots of good food, good conversations and learning about Jesus; what better way to spend my time?
With Cass-the-strange, one of my favouritest people :)

And here's Poanie with the ponies. Also strange, but also one of my favouritest people.

This is how we look like during cell. Or they look like.

And okay, horrendous act chio gummy photos

-
And guess who I met and caught up with on Saturday?
My kindy and primary school best friend of eight years Judy Goh Geok San (extreme right) who's still as pretty as ever!
And of course not forgetting fellow Brisbanite Jasmine :)

-
And then Monday was lunch at Hanabi with the pals! Where they very cunningly hid and disguised the food they couldn't finish in tiptop artsy fartsy and thoughtfully arranged fashion.
Okay, no pictures to show all that because all I have is us with the... peas.


-
Okay I realised posting photos and describing the stories behind them is very tedious indeed.
How on earrrrth did I manage to do that in the past . . . .... ..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home