Last night when I was doing my quiet time, God reminded me to take a piece of scripture with me, meditate on it, and take it with me through the day, acting it out and practising it out.
And it seemed like one of those useful things to help heighten your understanding and experience with Him.
So today when I woke up late and needed to hop into a cab immediately, I was frantically praying that a cab would magically appear before my very eyes because the week before I waited a full thirty minutes for a cab around that hour.
And in the midst of the frenetic mumbled prayers, He reminded me in Psalms 46, Be still and know that I am God.
So I decided to put last night's scripture meditation into practice and I closed my eyes (ha ha talk about dramatic, I know) and began to quieten my heart as I prayed for His hand to be upon the cab. And of course me.
The next thing I knew when I opened my eyes, a green-lit (yay! EMPTY CAB!) spark of a saviour can rumbling my way and I very excitedly flagged it down, becoming the earliest person to arrive!
But you know, I failed to put this into practise for the rest of the day :(
This week has been one tumble of bad moods, disruption and disappointment; to the point where waves of loneliness and unhappiness would sweep over me and makes me really, really want to cry.
And as today hit another crest of disappointment and I typed out two emails hitched with rants and raves, God reminded me again BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
Oh yea. That's right.
I'd forgotten :(
So I read and meditated upon Psalms 46 again.
I realised how His mercies are new everyday and even though I'd sinned and been so terrible this week, He's still encouraging me and comforting me.
Teaching me to dispel all fear in His name, reminding me of His unshakable presence in my heart and my life, showing me the things I need to correct and surrender.
Help me, help me, help me God, because I am so weak!
So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I'll stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
Show me Your heart
Show me Your way
And it seemed like one of those useful things to help heighten your understanding and experience with Him.
So today when I woke up late and needed to hop into a cab immediately, I was frantically praying that a cab would magically appear before my very eyes because the week before I waited a full thirty minutes for a cab around that hour.
And in the midst of the frenetic mumbled prayers, He reminded me in Psalms 46, Be still and know that I am God.
So I decided to put last night's scripture meditation into practice and I closed my eyes (ha ha talk about dramatic, I know) and began to quieten my heart as I prayed for His hand to be upon the cab. And of course me.
The next thing I knew when I opened my eyes, a green-lit (yay! EMPTY CAB!) spark of a saviour can rumbling my way and I very excitedly flagged it down, becoming the earliest person to arrive!
But you know, I failed to put this into practise for the rest of the day :(
This week has been one tumble of bad moods, disruption and disappointment; to the point where waves of loneliness and unhappiness would sweep over me and makes me really, really want to cry.
And as today hit another crest of disappointment and I typed out two emails hitched with rants and raves, God reminded me again BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
Oh yea. That's right.
I'd forgotten :(
So I read and meditated upon Psalms 46 again.
I realised how His mercies are new everyday and even though I'd sinned and been so terrible this week, He's still encouraging me and comforting me.
Teaching me to dispel all fear in His name, reminding me of His unshakable presence in my heart and my life, showing me the things I need to correct and surrender.
Help me, help me, help me God, because I am so weak!
So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I'll stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
Show me Your heart
Show me Your way
Show me Your glory

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home