Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I lift my eyes to the hills -
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip -
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you -
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm -
he will watch over your life
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

- Psalm 121

I was watching a show sometime back and the female lead was saying something along the lines of If you're sad, don't runaway, go up! because her favourite spot whenever she was down and out was the tallest building in the city.
And this thought has stayed with me for the longest time now, because I realised that's what we should do too!
Whenever we feel low and downcast, worried and afraid, we shouldn't runaway, but go up to our heavenly Father.

And I was feeling really low earlier after a little fight and as I prayed for forgiveness and healing and His almighty hand over the situation, God reminded me of Psalm 121.
That as I lift my eyes up, my help comes from Him; the Lord who was creator and maker of the earth and how every single thing belongs to Him.
And what a comfort knowing that He who never sleeps watches over us day and night, watching our coming and going, watching our steps, His hand upon us always because of His love.
Sometimes I feel the sneaky fingers of doubt sneaking up on me but everytime it happens, God reminds me of how He upheld Moses, Joshua and the Israelites, how He protected them and provided.

So I just pray that I may hold on fast to You as I stand upon Your word and let You change me day by day.
Plant in me the seeds of patience and gentleness, increase my faith and teach me how to love the way You love: with patience, with kindness, without envy, without boastfulness, without pride, without rudeness, without seeking myself, without anger, without record of wrongs, without evil.
That I may delight in the truth, protect in love, trust in love, hope in love and persevere in love.

Because like you said in 1 Corinthians 13:2, if I have not love, I am nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home