Tonight was Cel's hall play and it was terrific!
Well, in my amateur eyes at least.
But I haven't attended any plays or musicals and such in ages and plus it's always such an endearing time watching your friends slip into roles and performing a part, that I always feel like such a proud mother hen.
I seem to segregrate and compartmentalize my days lately because that's how they exist; all that while trying desperately to claw at bits of humanity and friendly bonds because everything appears such a rarity.
And then blogging becomes hard because nothing seems worth writing, words and expressions come out in coagulated streams and never fully express what I mean or how I feel, and how can I write fluently about blobs existing in boxes??!
Because I really think that's how my life looks now: blobs floating around in little compartmentalized boxes.
I think times are getting dry when you go home in a cab and feel all nostalgic and reflective over a little labrador pound puppy perched on the dashboard (it was the same one as the one I had in primary four which I called Floppy)
And I don't mean nostalgia and reflection purely in the pound puppy sense, but in the stories and memories stashed behind little things and how many times a photo is not just a photo, a book not any ordinary book and a keychain not just an old rustic keychain.
And I think times are getting dry when you find yourself longing to be sucked in your favourite book as a child and reliving words and phrases and images in your head as you imagine life iwth the March sisters. (Go LITTLE WOMEN!)
And I think times are getting dry when you wished you could be your dog and live in a pleasant isolated bubble consisting of dog food, dog biscuits, treats and your family. Oh yes, and water and of course squeaky toys.
Things have taken on a weary dreary grind and I feel like I'm scuttling to and fro with no real purpose, no real quality and no real fulfilment or sentiment.
It's an odd position to be in, stuck in a zipping timezone, while former preservations and notions seem to sour with sublime slowness.
I can feel it creeping up and I'm irritated, no doubt, and I really just pray that He'll see me through this time of testing and continue to let His grace wash over me, because increasingly I'm starting to find that without His grace and eternal strength that is new every morning, I simply cannot survive the day.
Bleeea, HEEEEEEEELP ME GOD; because daily You remind me, so I just pray daily You'll help me live it out Your way!
"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."
- Psalm 46:4-5
On other notes, BELATED BIRRRTHDAY WISHES!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEXXXX !!

(1 February)
To the dear who's stuck by me since the good old days where we were only fourteen!
We might not be super duper close now, but Bex, you're one person who has seen me through tears, laughter, stupidity (yes the game with the for now silent name ha ha) and is always there to offer a listening ear.
And not forgetting you who has that equally voracious but unequally quick appetite and how I'm just so glad that some things don't ever change, like our love for tearing paper into tiny bits and pieces.
I hope it was a great birthday although you didn't spend it with the girls and no matter what Bex, your friendship means a lot to me :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA LOONG!
(3 February)
I'm really sorry there's no photo of you and me because it's all embedded somewhere in my old computer, but this is to tell you that I haven't forgotten your birthday!
Ha ha, we've had such a strange friendship, from the screamy letter writing days to squash and then more squashhh and of course the fateful three days where you and I were roomies.
But you've always been there with a whole heap of love and encouragement and yeeeeeeeeea (:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
-
Okay pictures another time.
Well, in my amateur eyes at least.
But I haven't attended any plays or musicals and such in ages and plus it's always such an endearing time watching your friends slip into roles and performing a part, that I always feel like such a proud mother hen.
I seem to segregrate and compartmentalize my days lately because that's how they exist; all that while trying desperately to claw at bits of humanity and friendly bonds because everything appears such a rarity.
And then blogging becomes hard because nothing seems worth writing, words and expressions come out in coagulated streams and never fully express what I mean or how I feel, and how can I write fluently about blobs existing in boxes??!
Because I really think that's how my life looks now: blobs floating around in little compartmentalized boxes.
I think times are getting dry when you go home in a cab and feel all nostalgic and reflective over a little labrador pound puppy perched on the dashboard (it was the same one as the one I had in primary four which I called Floppy)
And I don't mean nostalgia and reflection purely in the pound puppy sense, but in the stories and memories stashed behind little things and how many times a photo is not just a photo, a book not any ordinary book and a keychain not just an old rustic keychain.
And I think times are getting dry when you find yourself longing to be sucked in your favourite book as a child and reliving words and phrases and images in your head as you imagine life iwth the March sisters. (Go LITTLE WOMEN!)
And I think times are getting dry when you wished you could be your dog and live in a pleasant isolated bubble consisting of dog food, dog biscuits, treats and your family. Oh yes, and water and of course squeaky toys.
Things have taken on a weary dreary grind and I feel like I'm scuttling to and fro with no real purpose, no real quality and no real fulfilment or sentiment.
It's an odd position to be in, stuck in a zipping timezone, while former preservations and notions seem to sour with sublime slowness.
I can feel it creeping up and I'm irritated, no doubt, and I really just pray that He'll see me through this time of testing and continue to let His grace wash over me, because increasingly I'm starting to find that without His grace and eternal strength that is new every morning, I simply cannot survive the day.
Bleeea, HEEEEEEEELP ME GOD; because daily You remind me, so I just pray daily You'll help me live it out Your way!
"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."
- Psalm 46:4-5
On other notes, BELATED BIRRRTHDAY WISHES!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEXXXX !!

(1 February)
To the dear who's stuck by me since the good old days where we were only fourteen!
We might not be super duper close now, but Bex, you're one person who has seen me through tears, laughter, stupidity (yes the game with the for now silent name ha ha) and is always there to offer a listening ear.
And not forgetting you who has that equally voracious but unequally quick appetite and how I'm just so glad that some things don't ever change, like our love for tearing paper into tiny bits and pieces.
I hope it was a great birthday although you didn't spend it with the girls and no matter what Bex, your friendship means a lot to me :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA LOONG!
(3 February)
I'm really sorry there's no photo of you and me because it's all embedded somewhere in my old computer, but this is to tell you that I haven't forgotten your birthday!
Ha ha, we've had such a strange friendship, from the screamy letter writing days to squash and then more squashhh and of course the fateful three days where you and I were roomies.
But you've always been there with a whole heap of love and encouragement and yeeeeeeeeea (:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
-
Okay pictures another time.
I'm lazy and wordy tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home