Sometimes I think a song is a mere empty shell of words and melodies because it doesn't become anything until the heart fills it up. I was talking to someone today who told me about a song that we were listening to and all of a sudden the song became so much more because his heart filled it up, every note and word became poignant with memories and feelings.
After that, I couldn't help but think of all the songs that I filled up in the last few years. I filled it up with memories, I filled it up with wistful longings, I filled it up with hopes and fears, I filled it up with tears and laughter, I filled it up with myself. If I could deliver my life in any way, I think I'd like to deliver my life in a soundtrack. I've this sudden urge to run through the music in my library and dig up every song that I'd filled up and float down aisle of my past. I like remembering; it reminds me what it's like to feel again however brief or slight, it reminds me of how I used to be, it reminds me of... well, me. Because sometimes I get older and forget.
Oh it's what you to do me, Oh it's what you do to me.
I wonder what it's like to be so special to someone that they never forget. I wonder what it's like to be irreplaceable. And indispensable. Because even if I ever was, it was only for a while. And that renders the words 'never', 'irreplaceable' and 'indispensable' obsolete doesn't it? Time heals all wounds. That's mostly a good thing, but sometimes I wish time wouldn't take me away.
After that, I couldn't help but think of all the songs that I filled up in the last few years. I filled it up with memories, I filled it up with wistful longings, I filled it up with hopes and fears, I filled it up with tears and laughter, I filled it up with myself. If I could deliver my life in any way, I think I'd like to deliver my life in a soundtrack. I've this sudden urge to run through the music in my library and dig up every song that I'd filled up and float down aisle of my past. I like remembering; it reminds me what it's like to feel again however brief or slight, it reminds me of how I used to be, it reminds me of... well, me. Because sometimes I get older and forget.
Oh it's what you to do me, Oh it's what you do to me.
I wonder what it's like to be so special to someone that they never forget. I wonder what it's like to be irreplaceable. And indispensable. Because even if I ever was, it was only for a while. And that renders the words 'never', 'irreplaceable' and 'indispensable' obsolete doesn't it? Time heals all wounds. That's mostly a good thing, but sometimes I wish time wouldn't take me away.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home