Tuesday, December 13, 2005

SICK I am.

lunch and christmas shopping yesterday with sooz and laura was abit of a muddled success.
we bought many things for many people (the success!) but the usual frustration kicked in on buying appropriate presents for people (the befuddlement) and I was down with a hacking cough, stuffy nose and headache (the extra befuddlement).

spent the whole of today sleeping.
seriously, my life's interest level is now zero.
I honestly don't remember a time where it was so boring.
BUT, peaceful :)
perhaps not peaceful externally, but peaceful internally.
and that's all that really counts isn't it?

I only woke up to go to the orthodontist at 6 to fix my broken retainer.
going to the orthodontist today made me realise how time flies.
and how the progression of my teeth has stuck by me during the good and bad times of my teenagehood.
the very first time I met this dentist of mine was end of primary6 as I headed towards secondary1 (the opening of teenagehood!)
and today I meet him again at the end of j2.

it struck me what a long time its been when he was talking about his son and my last recollection of his son was that of a wailing babe.
today when he spoke of his son, his son suddenly had legs that could walk.
and his son is SIX!
that means SIX years have passed.
makes you wonder doesn't it, what is it you have done in the past six years.

and it struck me recently how strange it is when we build up these perceptions and images of people we do not know.
quite unnerving, really.

and I received my first christmas card in the mail today from JIN!
yay for christmas cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home