just a quick one before my FIRST law lecture (AHH!) because I have no idea where my lecture is held so it'll take me QUITE a while to find the place.
anyway, today I went for my first library session.
sounds really dweeby BUT, I must emphasize just how important this library session is!
because it looks as though the library is gonna be my best friend for a long time to come.
stupid law requires HEAPS of research and hence, library.
so the library session was to learn research skills and etc.
made quite a few friends in my tutorial (same as library session class) so it was all good.
sounds strange but I suddenly like this anonymity.
I like going to class not knowing anyone.
I like going to a lecture knowing I don't have to sit with a particular person and I can just sit whereever I want.
(I think it's only a temporary thing because I have this heeuge tendancy to feel independant and then suddenly terribly dependant)
AND (this one requires huge emphasis) I'm cooking my FIRST meal for the house today!
I went grocery shopping for all the ingredients and being a poor student means grocery shopping tactics have changed drastically.
I used to grab whatever I want and dump it in the trolley.
but now, my eyes are desperately trying to spot those white savers tags for cheap deals and I make sure I buy the cheapest.
and since my class will end at 6, I started preparing the food beforehand so I can just go straight home and start cooking.
and I chopped my first onion ever and it was a terribly experience because I wouldn't stop tearing.
and crying is alot easier because at least your eyes don't hurt.
my eyes were smarting like hell for a good ten minutes.
plus, my hands now smell like onion even though I washed them with soap THREE times.
arg!
okay, ten minutes to find my lecture theatre now!
anyway, today I went for my first library session.
sounds really dweeby BUT, I must emphasize just how important this library session is!
because it looks as though the library is gonna be my best friend for a long time to come.
stupid law requires HEAPS of research and hence, library.
so the library session was to learn research skills and etc.
made quite a few friends in my tutorial (same as library session class) so it was all good.
sounds strange but I suddenly like this anonymity.
I like going to class not knowing anyone.
I like going to a lecture knowing I don't have to sit with a particular person and I can just sit whereever I want.
(I think it's only a temporary thing because I have this heeuge tendancy to feel independant and then suddenly terribly dependant)
AND (this one requires huge emphasis) I'm cooking my FIRST meal for the house today!
I went grocery shopping for all the ingredients and being a poor student means grocery shopping tactics have changed drastically.
I used to grab whatever I want and dump it in the trolley.
but now, my eyes are desperately trying to spot those white savers tags for cheap deals and I make sure I buy the cheapest.
and since my class will end at 6, I started preparing the food beforehand so I can just go straight home and start cooking.
and I chopped my first onion ever and it was a terribly experience because I wouldn't stop tearing.
and crying is alot easier because at least your eyes don't hurt.
my eyes were smarting like hell for a good ten minutes.
plus, my hands now smell like onion even though I washed them with soap THREE times.
arg!
okay, ten minutes to find my lecture theatre now!
gotta jet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home