Saturday, May 20, 2006

There is a first time for everything.

Well, today was the first sometime my bottom got slapped by a salesman.
Actually, make that the first time ANYONE has slapped my bottom (parents and when you were a lil kid don't count) !!
It makes it sound as though I got somewhat violated today, but it really wasn't like that, at least in my opinion.

Anyway this is how it goes.
I made my way down to Indro today to settle more insurance stuff (it's still not settled by the way) and I popped by some of the shops while waiting for Reubs to finish his medical appointment.
And there's been a pair of jeans I'd been eyeing on for a while and since part of my insurance money came in, I decided to buy it.

I was happily making my way to the counter, jeans in hand, and this was how it went.

salesman: (glances at the size of my jeans) so you're buying the 8?
me: oh yes please
salesman: (looks at me up and down) do you normally wear an 8?
me: oh no, I'm usually a size 6 but I can't wear the 6 for these
salesman: oh but these stretch heaps! go try on the 6!! (scrambles for the 6 and practically shoves them into my hands and pushes me to the fitting rooms)

(me in the dressing room trying desperately to get those damned jeans up my legs and trying even more desperately to zip them up)

salesman: how are you in there?
me: err.. I can't zip them up!
salesman: try harder! they stretch heaps!
me: (tries abit more) but I swear I can't!
salesman: cmon out and show me

(very thankful that I wore a longer top today to cover my unzipped pants came out)

salesman: oh they fit beautifully at the legs!
me: yeh, but I can't zip them!
salesman: but they stretch heaps! you've just got to try! there was this one girl she couldn't get the top button on, so we did stretching exercises with her. up and down, up and down and she finally managed to get it on! 10 minutes!
me: uhh.. how about I'll try on the 8 and you tell me how much it'll stretch?

(goes back into the fitting room and pulls on the already pretty tight 8 and comes out)

salesman: oh! see right there (tugs at the knee area) THAT is gonna stretch heaps. and there (points) and there (points).. ok turn around. yeh, see how well it fits over the bum now? (SLAPS MY BOTTOM) It won't fit like that after a few wears. It'll stretch heaps and gape open and it's ugly!

(he pauses and thinks)

salesman: I know! I'll get you to try on the other 6. More people have tried that on and it's more stretched, I reckon. (scrabbles around for a 6 and passes it to me)

(I go back into the fitting room and try it on)

salesman: so how is it?
me: it's better! I've got the zip on but I can't button it.
salesman: just squeeeeze it a little bit there. just do it the best you can! cmon, I know you can!
me: (tugs and tugs and tugs and gets the button on!) ohoh! I've got it!

(I come out of the fitting room)

salesman: there you go! I knew you could do it! fits so nicely now! it's a little bit tight but it'll stretch and look beautiful on you.

(at the cash register)

salesman: don't look so embarrassed. it happens to almost every girl who tries on those jeans and we tell them the same thing.
me: oh heh right..
salesman: yknow for those kind of jeans that stretches alot, I used to work at mambo and they'd tell people to sleep with their jeans and they'll look awesome the next day.
me: ... sleep with their jeans??!
salesman: (rolls eyes) I know.. I wouldn't tell you to do that. But I'm really glad you managed to do up those jeans because I knew you were a size 6! Have a good weekend, cheers!

so my supposed quick browse and quick purchase had me spending a looooong time in there just cause I was trying desperately and embarrassingly to pull up those jeans.
but, it was good:)
thanks to all that effort and good advice, I don't waste money buying jeans that will stretch awfully on me.

so today was a pretty good day.
lunch at toowong with Chris, Michelle and Reubs followed by project meeting and care group tonight was full of yummy (I cannot emphasize how much) food.
okay, anyway, that's the whole point of me blogging right now.
about my virgin slap on the bottom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home