Another satisfying weekend to bag; this time without the flagrant going out, but instead us holing it up with a deceptively innocent deck of cards, mahjong and our secret stash of comfort food.
I love holed up weekends with great company and freeflow of food.
Especially when one day of a weekend slides seamlessly into the other and the weekend becomes a long string of fun, laughter and comfort.
Weekends like these don't roll around too often; like how our Friday game night slipped into another on Saturday night and Sunday wrapped itself up nicely with pizza, Simpsons, Ribena and a great conversation with Ruth.
But whatever it is, when I open my eyes in a couple of hours, it'll be Monday and it's hellooooo to a whole grilling week of relentless study and airtight schedules :(
It's time to pull my socks up and get into the groooooooove.







I had a whole tumultuous torrent of thoughts that came in waves over the weekend but now that I'm sitting here with keyboard under fingers, I seem to have forgotten every ebb and flow .
Like how you make notes to yourself absent-mindedly and over the due course of unchecked everyday dealings, these little scraps lie scattered everywhere and you can't piece them together to form a coherent line.
How... irritating.
But ohwell, I guess one thing I do remember out of the multitude of rip-ragged and disconnected thoughts and that is my favourite word of three years ago: idyllic.
Don't really know why it came to mind unannounced and unwarranted last Friday as I was walking along the pavement, but I guess its the overarching umbrella of every niggle of a thought, every whim and fancy, every muse and every epiphany I had over this short weekend.
Hmm.. what a pretty word for such a pretty thought but like most pretty things, it is pretty damned unattainable, much to my (petty) chagrin.
HAHA ohwell.
-
And to everybody who asked if I was okay/sent me sweet emails and smses/called me over my childish, whimsical whinge of a blogpost earlier, THANK YOOOOUUU :) I'm really okay now, was just caving in to a bout of petulant moodiness due to errr.. both internal and external factors.
I love holed up weekends with great company and freeflow of food.
Especially when one day of a weekend slides seamlessly into the other and the weekend becomes a long string of fun, laughter and comfort.
Weekends like these don't roll around too often; like how our Friday game night slipped into another on Saturday night and Sunday wrapped itself up nicely with pizza, Simpsons, Ribena and a great conversation with Ruth.
But whatever it is, when I open my eyes in a couple of hours, it'll be Monday and it's hellooooo to a whole grilling week of relentless study and airtight schedules :(
It's time to pull my socks up and get into the groooooooove.







SHRUTH!
I had a whole tumultuous torrent of thoughts that came in waves over the weekend but now that I'm sitting here with keyboard under fingers, I seem to have forgotten every ebb and flow .
Like how you make notes to yourself absent-mindedly and over the due course of unchecked everyday dealings, these little scraps lie scattered everywhere and you can't piece them together to form a coherent line.
How... irritating.
But ohwell, I guess one thing I do remember out of the multitude of rip-ragged and disconnected thoughts and that is my favourite word of three years ago: idyllic.
Don't really know why it came to mind unannounced and unwarranted last Friday as I was walking along the pavement, but I guess its the overarching umbrella of every niggle of a thought, every whim and fancy, every muse and every epiphany I had over this short weekend.
Hmm.. what a pretty word for such a pretty thought but like most pretty things, it is pretty damned unattainable, much to my (petty) chagrin.
HAHA ohwell.
-
And to everybody who asked if I was okay/sent me sweet emails and smses/called me over my childish, whimsical whinge of a blogpost earlier, THANK YOOOOUUU :) I'm really okay now, was just caving in to a bout of petulant moodiness due to errr.. both internal and external factors.
But whatever it is, I felt very very loved and cared for and awww... thank you :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home