Thursday, July 19, 2007

I managed to cinch the earlier flight back to Brisbane so by Thursday night I'd be off in the skies before landing in Brisbane at a very bleary hour of 6am (Brisbane time).
I'm excited to go back but I can't help but feel this little twinge because despite all my griping, I've come to realise that sometimes it simply takes a little more time, a little more effort before things slip into place and any inkling of normalcy or familiarity returns.
I'd come back in an expectant hurry, swept up a cloud of dormant dust, and now I'm leaving just as the bits are starting to settle.

In between all that flying and changing of flights, Laura packed and returned to New Zealand on Saturday :(
But not before we had a ChompChomp chowfest at Michelle's complete with a gaggly group of girls and their endless stream of school girl stories and Grease.
I love that movie and in my own lame, simplistic way, I wish my life was a neverending stream of Grease soundtracks!




I HEART GIRLS!





Marc booked out on Saturday so it was a TOT lunch in Holland V and army stories from the man who is now tanned a very healthy shade of brown with only a downy fuzz sprouting over his head!
I managed to spend a good hour or so at Laura's watching her pack and kissing her goodbye before she left for the airport!

LOVE YOU!


And I know I said no more shopping but I felt this sudden rush of liberation and urgency that I only had two days left in Singapore so I should (...can?) spend money!
The Slimbean and I scoured through the shops and I was super annoyed because all the shoes I wanted to buy all didn't come in my size and I ended up buying things that I didn't need but I'm starting to think I like very much!
And I finally caught TRANSFORMERS!!! Now I know what everyone was raving on about because I spent a good two hours and a half on the edge of my seat with my fingers clamped around Eggtart's arm because the excitement was simply too much to bear!






I think I spent my last official day of going out in Singapore rather fruitfully.
Fiona and I met up for a couple of hours doing what we do best, eating and (window) shopping, before Ponytail came and again we did what we do best, eating and cracking lame jokes and (window) shopping.
Met almost everyone at night except Mich who couldn't get out of camp (SAD!) for my last taste of authentic Singaporean food!






It's gonna be packing and more packing (today); and I'm gonna face the ritual struggle of whether or not I need this and that and whether my bag will be overweight. I must say, the worst thing I hate about travelling other than the twinge of homesickness is that awful process of tucking bits and pieces of your life into a suitcase and hauling them out, fitting them into the crevices of a different life.
Or very, very simply, I hate deciding what I need and do not need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home