I was at BLT Plus last weekend and I'm really glad I went because I learnt so much, got many of my questions clarified, and even realised that God had answered some of my prayers that even I had forgotten about!
I remember sitting there during the first talk and when Peter Lin said How can I be so certain that the Holy Spirit is amongst us? It's because we are sitting with our bibles open. Where the word of God is, there the Holy Spirit is! I was struck by the sword of the Spirit.
It made me realise the enormity and gravity of God's word and how sometimes I can be so flippant and casual about reading and understanding the bible. Which shouldn't be the case because the bible is the supreme authority being God's word, and every single word and page I read is God speaking and convicting me! So if I don't learn how to handle His word properly, I am actually abusing or even treating His word lightly.
Yikeees.
I remember last YM camp Stella was telling me about why is it sometimes we can read the bible but it just seems as though we are merely reading it; nothing's convicting us, nothing has changed, we can't remember anything we've read.
And she said it's because we are reading the word, but we do not have the rhema word of God.
It was then when she said that that I prayed that God would speak to me every single time I read the bible, that I may learn how to meditate on His word and understand it.
And I remember Laura and I talking about theology sometime and how I said I was interested in it but I didn't know how to tackle it. I remember praying about it.
And it's so funny because it was something that I shelved at the back of my head, thinking it would be something for later but little did I realise that during all this time, from the day I uttered those words in prayer, right till now, the Holy Spirit has been working in me, changing me, sending people to teach me how to read and understand His word and slowly giving me more understanding.
Again it hit me that His word and prayer shouldn't be taken lightly because He created the universe by His word and all scripture is God-breathed, thus our words to God and His word to us is soooo important!
We had this section called Manuscript Discovery too, where they gave us a passage of scripture and we had to trawl through it together in groups, discussing it's meaning, listing our questions and learning how to apply it together.
When I first skimmed through the questions and instructions, I thought it wasn't too difficult, but you know what.... IT WAS.
Again, that hammered home the thought about how important it is to handle God's word correctly and seek confirmation with leaders and I was so glad for the opportunity to learn how to read and understand His word.
This BLT has shown me that God's Spirit is ever present within us and that we should learn to handle His word properly and treasure it. Many times I think I've taken the bible for granted; which shouldn't be the case because man shall not live by bread alone but by every word, and the wise man shall build his house on the rock which is the word of God!
Anyway, some pictures from BLT Plus!
May, Lise, Manda and I in our very grotty dorms with equally grotty narrow beds. Another thing I took home with me this BLT was the strengthening of friendships and thanksgiving to God for blessing me with such wonderful sisters in Christ! And I had a very good time smacking Manda's bottom everytime she made the precarious climb up and down her upper bunk, ha ha.
HAHA. I think this was after Talk 3 and all three of us were nursing back aches from badminton so we were giving each other massages! Whee. Talk about looooove.
See the guy in the middle? THAT IS JACK. Jack who wouldn't stop saying "I think I'm Japanese!" So yea, we all want to kick the traitor's behind.
Good times! This was the last night when we were all hanging out, listening to music and singing from our mobile phones and sharing about how we came to surrender our lives to Christ. Ohwell, crazy for Christ!
WHEEEEEEE!
I remember sitting there during the first talk and when Peter Lin said How can I be so certain that the Holy Spirit is amongst us? It's because we are sitting with our bibles open. Where the word of God is, there the Holy Spirit is! I was struck by the sword of the Spirit.
It made me realise the enormity and gravity of God's word and how sometimes I can be so flippant and casual about reading and understanding the bible. Which shouldn't be the case because the bible is the supreme authority being God's word, and every single word and page I read is God speaking and convicting me! So if I don't learn how to handle His word properly, I am actually abusing or even treating His word lightly.
Yikeees.
I remember last YM camp Stella was telling me about why is it sometimes we can read the bible but it just seems as though we are merely reading it; nothing's convicting us, nothing has changed, we can't remember anything we've read.
And she said it's because we are reading the word, but we do not have the rhema word of God.
It was then when she said that that I prayed that God would speak to me every single time I read the bible, that I may learn how to meditate on His word and understand it.
And I remember Laura and I talking about theology sometime and how I said I was interested in it but I didn't know how to tackle it. I remember praying about it.
And it's so funny because it was something that I shelved at the back of my head, thinking it would be something for later but little did I realise that during all this time, from the day I uttered those words in prayer, right till now, the Holy Spirit has been working in me, changing me, sending people to teach me how to read and understand His word and slowly giving me more understanding.
Again it hit me that His word and prayer shouldn't be taken lightly because He created the universe by His word and all scripture is God-breathed, thus our words to God and His word to us is soooo important!
We had this section called Manuscript Discovery too, where they gave us a passage of scripture and we had to trawl through it together in groups, discussing it's meaning, listing our questions and learning how to apply it together.
When I first skimmed through the questions and instructions, I thought it wasn't too difficult, but you know what.... IT WAS.
Again, that hammered home the thought about how important it is to handle God's word correctly and seek confirmation with leaders and I was so glad for the opportunity to learn how to read and understand His word.
This BLT has shown me that God's Spirit is ever present within us and that we should learn to handle His word properly and treasure it. Many times I think I've taken the bible for granted; which shouldn't be the case because man shall not live by bread alone but by every word, and the wise man shall build his house on the rock which is the word of God!
Anyway, some pictures from BLT Plus!
HAHA. I think this was after Talk 3 and all three of us were nursing back aches from badminton so we were giving each other massages! Whee. Talk about looooove.
See the guy in the middle? THAT IS JACK. Jack who wouldn't stop saying "I think I'm Japanese!" So yea, we all want to kick the traitor's behind.
Good times! This was the last night when we were all hanging out, listening to music and singing from our mobile phones and sharing about how we came to surrender our lives to Christ. Ohwell, crazy for Christ!
WHEEEEEEE! 
2 Comments:
What do you mean by 'rhema word of God'?
hey steve! oh it was explained by a leader to me at that time to mean the "spoken word of God" also meaning God-breathed.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home