Monday, August 06, 2007

Yay, a brand new start to a brand new week. But much to my chagrin, it's been rather... aimless, so to speak. None of that buoyant activity that comes with a new week whatsoever; not even stained with the typical shade of Monday blues! Instead, I spent a very muddled Monday cooped up at home doing... well, almost nothing. Shaaaaame.

Okay, maybe not nothing. Highlights of a very nondescript day include:

1. My irresponsible driving instructor. He didn't come! I forced myself out of bed and got suited up in record time, only to face the dismal disappointment of his absence. (Or the fact that I didn't get to go for my first driving lesson; I was so excited, I'm telling you) I am going to call up another driving school this week. I must. I will.

2. I started reading Middlesex. Hasn't disappointed yet, although all that Greek talk and mention of Greek food makes me crave for a refreshing, well-tossed Greek salad: fetta cheese, lettuce, olives and all. Yum!

3. I decided that all this loafing and slugging around was enough! I took matters into my own hands and made a trip down to the supermarket to buy groceries. I got my whiff of fresh (this is debatable, considering the traffic) air and managed to buy the necessary ingredients for dinner tonight. Along with a slew of completely unnecessary fatty foods (potato chips, canned soup and chocolate chip cookies) and a copy of Marie Claire (because I caved in to frivolous materialism)

4. I wore an old white top out today (Topshop, from four years ago) and was somewhat discomfitted because the sleeves rose a good three inches above my wrists and the bottom didn't even skim the top of my high-waisted jeans! What a frightttttt. I still wore it anyway. I was going to the supermarket!

5. I called my Mum. And she wasn't listening to me.

Me: So I was going to......
M: Mmm.
Me: Yea and then I was thinking...
M: Mmm.
Me: But you see, it would be really...
M: Mmm.
Me: Hmm... what are you doing?
M: Mmm.

SULK.

6. I cooked dinner tonight! Decided against slipshod half-hearted stabs at making dinner simply because I favoured speed, but put in extra effort this time. Even attempted to sprinkle a variety of colour amongst the dishes by adding extra ingredients! Success! Or so I like to think.

Okay, THE END.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home