Saturday, August 11, 2007

My memory is so bad nowadays that my week seems to have melded itself into a watery blur of pie, salad, tennis and books. Sort of makes me wonder whether the stale fumes of my room have dulled my brain to a muted play, because everything seems submerged with an underwater effect, an indiscriminate display of iridiscence. I think I'm drowning with flakiness.

I played tennis yesterday and there's a satisfactory ache in my limbs which makes me want to play more tennis! Even though I'm decidedly crap at the sport, adopting all the wrong techniques and anticipating the bounce too late.

Supermarketing makes me happy.
I feel homey and domesticated, feeding both the crave for foods and the subtler quality of feeling organised, put-together and even maybe a little grown up, which seems so lacking nowadays.
And in a bid to eat healthily, I now have in my pantry and fridge: a thick slice of blue cheese, a box of yummy crispbread (I love it, and it's healthy too!), celery sticks, a tub of sun-dried tomato dip, a bag of rocket salad, and some champagne ham and butterhead lettuce for quick sandwich fixes!

Ohhhhh, I just found out that they're gonna make a Gossip Girl TV series. And I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I am absolutely teeming with frivolous girly excitement!
Josh Schwartz who was the creator of The OC is gonna be the executive producer for it so I'm hoping that it's gonna be every bit as good as The OC was.
Toilet-reads coming alive on the silver screen, whee!



Okay, I am a teeeeeeensy bit disappointed with the cast because, truthfully, what would you expect after 11 books of fabulously gorgeous, perfect, model-esque Serena Van der Woodsen and pert, fox-like, Audrey Hepburn lookalike Blair Waldorf?



I suppose Blake Lively is pretty enough, but I kind of expected Serena to have that arresting careless beauty, that little extra something which makes Serena Van der Woodsen, Serena Van der Woodsen; that little something that I don't think Blake Lively seems to have.



And ooookay, for Blair Waldorf..... err I don't know. I was kinda expecting a snootier, blue-blooded version of Summer Roberts. Leighton Meester didn't really live up to what I expected of Blair Waldorf.

Okay, enough frivolous chatter for one night. I am going to kick back with a delicious dinner and a dvd of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home