It is Day 1 in Brisbane in 2008. I couldn't sleep last night; the bed was new and unfamiliar and the light had an irritating faint flicker even when the switches were off. I woke up late today (10 Singapore time, 12 Brisbane time) and headed to the bank, then to Coles to buy shampoo. It was a strenuous trek, the scorching sun beating on my back, the air hot and muggy save for the occasional breeze. I miss David's car! And I miss having housemates. I don't think I could ever live alone. My room is halfpacked and I really ought to get rid of my hoarding habit. I think it's time to clean out everything that I don't need. It makes packing and unpacking very difficult. Today felt like the first time I arrived in Brisbane; refamiliarising, the beating sun and the ticklish scent of slathered sunscreen.
For the first time in two years I've been in Brisbane, this is the most homesick I've ever been. Hello so year three.
For the first time in two years I've been in Brisbane, this is the most homesick I've ever been. Hello so year three.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home