two very strange things happened to me today.
1. I wore my new retainer last night because my permanent (and very comfortable one) broke. and when I woke up this morning, I found that my mouth felt surprisingly empty! so I began my scurried bleary search for my mouthpiece and finally found it somewhere on my bed. AND, I realised that in my sleep my face must have somehow rolled over it because there was this long dent in my face!!!!! inclusive of a scratch on my nose!
argh, the horrors!
I must have taken it out in my sleep, somehow.
2. I somehow fell sick again after one stinking day of recovery.
how. annoying. is. that.
anyway, first things first,
GOODBYE 2005, HELLO 2006!
abit late, I know.
so another (very, I cannot stress how much) eventful year has passed and I look back with that funny smile on my face because as much as I used to say I couldn't wait for 2005 to be over, there are many aspects of it which I cannot bear to let go of.
I think in the past four years, 2005 has given me the best times but also the worst.
all that extremity in the course of one year and a part of me doesn't quite know what to make out of it.
friendships have teetered from one end of the spectrum to the other, people have been tossed by the winds of change, we have barged through the grueling Alevels and came out unsure if we'd remained intact or not.
I have lost some, but I've also gained some.
I've shed a whole torrent of tears, but I've also laughed my hardest and smiled my sweetest.
I've grown, but pieces of me have also shrunk and shied away.
and thinking back on this past year, rereading my blog entries and organiser, makes me want to cry because this year has been too much.
too much of everything.
too much happiness, too much sadness, too much stress, too much laughter, too much friendship, too much lost.
and in this year of constant subtraction and addition, the messy equations of life never really do equate.
but I guess that is what the turn of the new year is for.
to sort through these messy equations and cherish those worth cherishing and learning from those worth learning.
then, embracing the clean slate of the new year with resolutions and an open mind.
so, at the stroke of midnight, I spent the very first minute of 2006 with

laura at church!
what a good way to start the new year, with God :)
(ohyes, and laura)
and the first hours of 2006 was spent with laura and cel idling at the bustop, walking all the way from barker to orchard, avoiding those unavoidable foam sprayers (!!!! ANGER! ANNOYANCE!) and eating fries and ice cream.

and something very worthy of mention of the night was this man all spiffed up in a suit with his ipod or something plugged into his ears.
AND he was singing Oops, I Did it Again and doing all the music video dance moves on the street!
fun-neee.
and the last few hours of 2005, was spent pigging out at dear rage's house with michelle loh, laura and jame.
good food and good company :)
and on the 2nd of january, I spent the day with laura and cel again.
they came over to my house on sunday and we watched gross Sweet Valley High dvds and ate a shitload of food.
imagine all that instant noodles, chocolate and pototo chips hanging around our waists.
and so,
now I'm sick yet again.
I actually wanted to put up all the photos which summed up 2005, but it took too much trouble.
maybe it's better to leave 2005 all behind and turn to a newer and hopefully better 2006.
and I always forget what I want to blog about other than details of the day.
on a much nicer note, HOME COOKED FOOD TONIGHT.
1. I wore my new retainer last night because my permanent (and very comfortable one) broke. and when I woke up this morning, I found that my mouth felt surprisingly empty! so I began my scurried bleary search for my mouthpiece and finally found it somewhere on my bed. AND, I realised that in my sleep my face must have somehow rolled over it because there was this long dent in my face!!!!! inclusive of a scratch on my nose!
argh, the horrors!
I must have taken it out in my sleep, somehow.
2. I somehow fell sick again after one stinking day of recovery.
how. annoying. is. that.
anyway, first things first,
GOODBYE 2005, HELLO 2006!
abit late, I know.
so another (very, I cannot stress how much) eventful year has passed and I look back with that funny smile on my face because as much as I used to say I couldn't wait for 2005 to be over, there are many aspects of it which I cannot bear to let go of.
I think in the past four years, 2005 has given me the best times but also the worst.
all that extremity in the course of one year and a part of me doesn't quite know what to make out of it.
friendships have teetered from one end of the spectrum to the other, people have been tossed by the winds of change, we have barged through the grueling Alevels and came out unsure if we'd remained intact or not.
I have lost some, but I've also gained some.
I've shed a whole torrent of tears, but I've also laughed my hardest and smiled my sweetest.
I've grown, but pieces of me have also shrunk and shied away.
and thinking back on this past year, rereading my blog entries and organiser, makes me want to cry because this year has been too much.
too much of everything.
too much happiness, too much sadness, too much stress, too much laughter, too much friendship, too much lost.
and in this year of constant subtraction and addition, the messy equations of life never really do equate.
but I guess that is what the turn of the new year is for.
to sort through these messy equations and cherish those worth cherishing and learning from those worth learning.
then, embracing the clean slate of the new year with resolutions and an open mind.
so, at the stroke of midnight, I spent the very first minute of 2006 with

laura at church!
what a good way to start the new year, with God :)
(ohyes, and laura)
and the first hours of 2006 was spent with laura and cel idling at the bustop, walking all the way from barker to orchard, avoiding those unavoidable foam sprayers (!!!! ANGER! ANNOYANCE!) and eating fries and ice cream.

and something very worthy of mention of the night was this man all spiffed up in a suit with his ipod or something plugged into his ears.
AND he was singing Oops, I Did it Again and doing all the music video dance moves on the street!
fun-neee.
and the last few hours of 2005, was spent pigging out at dear rage's house with michelle loh, laura and jame.
good food and good company :)
and on the 2nd of january, I spent the day with laura and cel again.
they came over to my house on sunday and we watched gross Sweet Valley High dvds and ate a shitload of food.
imagine all that instant noodles, chocolate and pototo chips hanging around our waists.
and so,
now I'm sick yet again.
I actually wanted to put up all the photos which summed up 2005, but it took too much trouble.
maybe it's better to leave 2005 all behind and turn to a newer and hopefully better 2006.
and I always forget what I want to blog about other than details of the day.
on a much nicer note, HOME COOKED FOOD TONIGHT.
I. cannot. wait.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home