Tuesday, December 27, 2005

christmas is certainly the season of giving, because my body feels kinda generous right now.
this is the most fattening season of the year.
I have surprised myself this week at my capacity to consume which is too much to be healthy!!!
now I feel perpetually sick/full/hungry/bloated with the random bellyaches.

Christmas Day!
gab's house on christmas was spent waiting for the mahjong table (and eating heaps and loads).
for hours and hours.
we waited for the mahjong table til 4am.
and by the time the table was all ours, we were groggy and bleary-eyed.
but awake enough to play one round of dong and half a round of nan.
and I made it into the positive region and won 70cents :)
yeayea, big deal.

so while waiting for the mahjong table, we tried to occupy ourselves.
- firstly, we watched TWO movies: The Princess Diaries and Sweet Home Alabama.
- and then we watched wrestling (something I didn't really enjoy) because I don't see the big deal about a bunch of steroid-pumped muscled men man-handling each other in a rigged competition.
- then we watched a pool-tricks competition. this was very cool because an old man and a young man were competing to see who had a wider repertoire of pool tricks
- we were so bored we even wanted to resort to playing bingo (but there was no pen or paper) or the finger game. whoa!
-
- then, drinking games. had a good laugh here.
- then, we finally got hold of a pack of cards! marc is the daidee king, I swear. he manages to win even with the shittiest cards. and we played bluff, which was refreshing because usually card games entail poker, daidee, etc. quite alot of fun there.
- and finally, we... got... hold... of... the...

MAHJONG TABLE.
(it was abit of an anticlimax though)

then, I walked home at 6am, all ready to climb into bed and get some massive shuteye.

on
Boxing Day
I was very very very tired and sleepy.

met jame and mich for lunch (rage abandoned us, I miss her alot, hi are you reading this?) and had a good bit of a catchup.

then it was Chronicles of Narnia with my sis and lil cousins and I enjoyed it very very much.
I think this is the first time I've ever thought that a movie remake was better than the book itself.
that's because the movie was faithful to the book (they didn't cut any important bits!) and the parts they changed were sensationalized to make it a more enjoyable movie.
or to me at least.
I guess it's alot easier to remain faithful to a book when the book is short (like this one).
but anyhow Lucy was cute beyond words and so were the beavers who reminded me so much of smokey.

and it got quite funny when my sister randomly whispered to me during the movie
sister: shumin, I think I'm like Susan..
me: huh? oh okay.
(on screen)
Susan:... we used to have some pretty fun times, didn't we?
Lucy: yeah... until you got boring!
me: (looks at my sister) sniggers..
sister: see what I mean?!

the usual Christmas dinner with the smallgroup at uncle Rodney's house after was food-filled.
and we played a new game called Scene It! (the dvd movie game) which I'm terrible at.

haha I annoy myself at the way I feel the need (sometimes only!) to write down every single thing I did.
but I quite like going through the different bits of my day, especially if they were busy ones, and thinking bout the good bits and the bad bits.

I was comparing last year's Christmas pictures and this year's Christmas pictures.
I had a lot more last year.
mich and I were musing at whether endof2004-beginningof2005 would be the happiest that we'd ever be.
because if it is, I feel quite sad about my future.
haha
ok, time to sleep the eyebags away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home