the way my mood rises and falls lately is inexplicable.
I can't even blame it on the good ol' periodic pms because it most certainly isn't.
I don't even think I can define my mood as teetering from a high to a low because my highs aren't that high and my lows don't hit rock bottom.
my moods are moving in little waves with little troughs and little peaks, varying enough to note the change.
but one moment I'm feeling fine and at ease, and the next I just want to hide under the covers and sleep into oblivion.
tat called me today which cheered me up tons.
yet, hearing a familiar voice evoked that little niggle of homesickness.
I think I'm sick of being in the usual rut of being not-happy-but-not-sad.
you know those everlasting ruts where you can't say you're feeling happy but yet you know you're definitely not sad.
and identifying this troubling rut is stirring the hermit in me; because all I want to do is lie in bed and sleep or curl up with a good book and not talk to anybody.
went to David's church today and one of the issues the pastor spoke about was friends.
friends branching out into four broad categories of: Acquaintances, Casual Friends, Close Friends and Intimate Friends.
I managed to identify the people I'd classify into these categories and in the process of doing so, I inevitably ended up reviewing the friendships I've established and how I felt about them.
I couldn't help but feel that everything, including friends, are so temporal.
I couldn't help but wonder why is it there always is an imbalance in how much people care and bother about each other.
I couldn't help but feel that sudden onrush of insecurity about everyone and everything in my life.
I can't even blame it on the good ol' periodic pms because it most certainly isn't.
I don't even think I can define my mood as teetering from a high to a low because my highs aren't that high and my lows don't hit rock bottom.
my moods are moving in little waves with little troughs and little peaks, varying enough to note the change.
but one moment I'm feeling fine and at ease, and the next I just want to hide under the covers and sleep into oblivion.
tat called me today which cheered me up tons.
yet, hearing a familiar voice evoked that little niggle of homesickness.
I think I'm sick of being in the usual rut of being not-happy-but-not-sad.
you know those everlasting ruts where you can't say you're feeling happy but yet you know you're definitely not sad.
and identifying this troubling rut is stirring the hermit in me; because all I want to do is lie in bed and sleep or curl up with a good book and not talk to anybody.
went to David's church today and one of the issues the pastor spoke about was friends.
friends branching out into four broad categories of: Acquaintances, Casual Friends, Close Friends and Intimate Friends.
I managed to identify the people I'd classify into these categories and in the process of doing so, I inevitably ended up reviewing the friendships I've established and how I felt about them.
I couldn't help but feel that everything, including friends, are so temporal.
I couldn't help but wonder why is it there always is an imbalance in how much people care and bother about each other.
I couldn't help but feel that sudden onrush of insecurity about everyone and everything in my life.
and when everything around you blurs and quivers, sometimes all you want to do is just cling on to something that you wish would be forever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home