Today was my first attempt at making chicken mushroom noodles. You know the type you can get at Holland Village laden with chicken and mushrooms and vege and noodles all drenched in a delish dark sauce with an unknown recipe.
And like they say, a picture speaks a thousand words.


Well, in this case it doesn't.
Because it looks quite delectable, if I could say so myself, but note the key word, looks.
The noodles had that noodley (I honestly can't think of any other word to describe it) uncooked taste and it just tasted like raw, cooked noodles.
And silly me did not follow any tried-and-tested recipe, but decided to concoct her own sauce using oyster sauce, sesame oil, dark soy sauce and WATER.
say hello to a MISTAKE!
Since poor David and I started eating first, we were the sad, dimmed little guinea pigs who had to eat my extremely unappetising sauce.
I smartened up and made a new batch using oyster sauce, sesame oil, dark soy sauce and SOUP STOCK which tasted much much better; and according to my mom is zee correct way.
Nevermind.
To salvage my poor saucy attempt (ha ha excuse my bad pun), I must say the chicken and soup tasted preeetty good! (I have no humility, I know)
And props to frozen seafood dumplings that taste awesome defrosted and fried!
On a more.. serious note, they say to-do lists are always effective in getting things done right on schedule in an efficient way.
So, this is my benchmark for my to-do list.
After I finish
1. SNEAKY SMITHS (evil one, hiding under a sparky, attractive packaging that even says 25% lower in saturated fat)

2. CUNNING COTTAGE COOKIES (this one, self explanatory)

and
3. G.. G.. GRAPES (can't think of a name and oops, I've only the empty bowl as testimony to their bloody addictiveness)

I will not
And like they say, a picture speaks a thousand words.


Well, in this case it doesn't.
Because it looks quite delectable, if I could say so myself, but note the key word, looks.
The noodles had that noodley (I honestly can't think of any other word to describe it) uncooked taste and it just tasted like raw, cooked noodles.
And silly me did not follow any tried-and-tested recipe, but decided to concoct her own sauce using oyster sauce, sesame oil, dark soy sauce and WATER.
say hello to a MISTAKE!
Since poor David and I started eating first, we were the sad, dimmed little guinea pigs who had to eat my extremely unappetising sauce.
I smartened up and made a new batch using oyster sauce, sesame oil, dark soy sauce and SOUP STOCK which tasted much much better; and according to my mom is zee correct way.
Nevermind.
To salvage my poor saucy attempt (ha ha excuse my bad pun), I must say the chicken and soup tasted preeetty good! (I have no humility, I know)
And props to frozen seafood dumplings that taste awesome defrosted and fried!
On a more.. serious note, they say to-do lists are always effective in getting things done right on schedule in an efficient way.
So, this is my benchmark for my to-do list.
After I finish
1. SNEAKY SMITHS (evil one, hiding under a sparky, attractive packaging that even says 25% lower in saturated fat)

2. CUNNING COTTAGE COOKIES (this one, self explanatory)

and
3. G.. G.. GRAPES (can't think of a name and oops, I've only the empty bowl as testimony to their bloody addictiveness)

I will not
- buy another bag of Sneaky Smiths or Cunning Cottage Cookies (I'll still buy grapes. I love grapes and they're fruits)
- watch anymore episodes of OC (I just finished two at one shot even though I only told myself one)
- sleep so much or so late
- eat anymore late-night suppers
- waste my time online
and I will
- eat my meals only at proper times and no more extras
- study and save myself from idiot-dom as I am currently residing
- sleep early
- study
- study
- study
- study
- Study
- STUDY
mm yes, that's the way to go

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home