AAAAAARG!
I hate internet explorer.
It just shut down on me and my whole long rambly post is GONE.
I will try to remember what I wrote because I hate losing stuff like that.
But I am suitably pissed right now.
pffft.
OKAY.
Here goes.
I'm blogging twice today and I don't really know why because I hate doing so but yet I am today; maybe it's cause I felt like one thing this morning and now I'm feeling like another.
And being all typically me, I have to blog about it.
Also cause today was a good day and good days are always blog-worthy days.
So today was Ultimate Disc day which also translates into ultimate fun!
It was a throwback to the simple PE days back in school where all that mattered was catching the frisbee (or ball, whichever you're playing with) and throwing it decently, scoring and having a ball (ha ha, excuse the pun!) with your friends.
It was also a reminder of the squash days, where you throw a whole bunch of different people together and watch them form a special unique bond simply because of a common goal, a common sport.
Which is something I miss dearly; camaraderie and team dynamics.
So, the whole point is, that I had a lot of simple unadulerated fun today, which is something I haven't experienced in a long time.
Even though I sucked and nursed a whole bunch of superficial injuries which I think is testament to how clumsy and ungraceful I can be, ie.
1. The frisbee hit my teeth
2. I got elbowed in the chin
3. I collided into Shih En who accidentally smacked his knee against my inner thigh
4. I twisted my neck slightly
I still had heaps of fun :)
Or maybe I'm just a real huge sucker for sport, ha ha.
I feel older nowadays and as my age increases, so does my cynicism.
Which is probably why when I'm in the familiar black and white settings of sport, I feel a lot happier and safer because there are fixed set of guidelines and no grey areas.
Or maybe I'm just learning to be content with what I have rather than what I don't have.
On another really random note, I was reading some random guy's blog and sifting through his pictures of his holiday in Singapore and there were some captions like The clean roads of Orchard and The tree-lined streets of Singapore and it struck me that Singapore really is very clean!!
Somehow seeing it in print, the lush green trees and the grey roads neatly split into three lanes painted in white with yellow and blue taxis littered around, in such vibrancy, made me feel very proud that Singapore is so clean and fresh looking.
(my Singaporean pride is emerging now...)
On another really random note, I realised that a lot of the things he did in his short holiday in Singapore, I've never done in my 18 years of living in Singapore! Like...
1. Go for the duck tours
2. Sit in the chinese boat tour along the Singapore river
3. Sit the skyrail (which is also called.. wait a minute I don't know what it's called! Yknow that hanging train which they only have in I forgot which suburb it's in..)
4. Go for the light show in Sentosa
Yknow, if any of my friends here came to Singapore for a holiday, I always think about what I'd show them.
And I've decided, I'll just show them exactly what I do in Singapore.
Which is...
1. EAT HAWKER FOOD. I'll take them to the different hawker centres to eat nice local food.
2. I'll take them to Orchard and make them go shopping. Then I'll make them sit at the top of Lido/or sit at Wheelock Coffee Bean and talk when we're tired
3. I'll take them to Holland V
4. I'll take them to my friend's houses
5. And maybe I'll take them to do the tourist-y things that I never got to do
6. I'll take them cycling/rollerblading
7. Mambo, because there isn't any mambo music here
8. Late night walks and romping around the parks
9. Sentosa...? Clarke Quay..?
Okay, all that actually sounds very boring but I have heaps of fun doing all that because it involves food and I love food, shopping and the company of friends which I love as well so... it's fun.
Okay, that was rambly.
I hate internet explorer.
It just shut down on me and my whole long rambly post is GONE.
I will try to remember what I wrote because I hate losing stuff like that.
But I am suitably pissed right now.
pffft.
OKAY.
Here goes.
I'm blogging twice today and I don't really know why because I hate doing so but yet I am today; maybe it's cause I felt like one thing this morning and now I'm feeling like another.
And being all typically me, I have to blog about it.
Also cause today was a good day and good days are always blog-worthy days.
So today was Ultimate Disc day which also translates into ultimate fun!
It was a throwback to the simple PE days back in school where all that mattered was catching the frisbee (or ball, whichever you're playing with) and throwing it decently, scoring and having a ball (ha ha, excuse the pun!) with your friends.
It was also a reminder of the squash days, where you throw a whole bunch of different people together and watch them form a special unique bond simply because of a common goal, a common sport.
Which is something I miss dearly; camaraderie and team dynamics.
So, the whole point is, that I had a lot of simple unadulerated fun today, which is something I haven't experienced in a long time.
Even though I sucked and nursed a whole bunch of superficial injuries which I think is testament to how clumsy and ungraceful I can be, ie.
1. The frisbee hit my teeth
2. I got elbowed in the chin
3. I collided into Shih En who accidentally smacked his knee against my inner thigh
4. I twisted my neck slightly
I still had heaps of fun :)
Or maybe I'm just a real huge sucker for sport, ha ha.
I feel older nowadays and as my age increases, so does my cynicism.
Which is probably why when I'm in the familiar black and white settings of sport, I feel a lot happier and safer because there are fixed set of guidelines and no grey areas.
Or maybe I'm just learning to be content with what I have rather than what I don't have.
On another really random note, I was reading some random guy's blog and sifting through his pictures of his holiday in Singapore and there were some captions like The clean roads of Orchard and The tree-lined streets of Singapore and it struck me that Singapore really is very clean!!
Somehow seeing it in print, the lush green trees and the grey roads neatly split into three lanes painted in white with yellow and blue taxis littered around, in such vibrancy, made me feel very proud that Singapore is so clean and fresh looking.
(my Singaporean pride is emerging now...)
On another really random note, I realised that a lot of the things he did in his short holiday in Singapore, I've never done in my 18 years of living in Singapore! Like...
1. Go for the duck tours
2. Sit in the chinese boat tour along the Singapore river
3. Sit the skyrail (which is also called.. wait a minute I don't know what it's called! Yknow that hanging train which they only have in I forgot which suburb it's in..)
4. Go for the light show in Sentosa
Yknow, if any of my friends here came to Singapore for a holiday, I always think about what I'd show them.
And I've decided, I'll just show them exactly what I do in Singapore.
Which is...
1. EAT HAWKER FOOD. I'll take them to the different hawker centres to eat nice local food.
2. I'll take them to Orchard and make them go shopping. Then I'll make them sit at the top of Lido/or sit at Wheelock Coffee Bean and talk when we're tired
3. I'll take them to Holland V
4. I'll take them to my friend's houses
5. And maybe I'll take them to do the tourist-y things that I never got to do
6. I'll take them cycling/rollerblading
7. Mambo, because there isn't any mambo music here
8. Late night walks and romping around the parks
9. Sentosa...? Clarke Quay..?
Okay, all that actually sounds very boring but I have heaps of fun doing all that because it involves food and I love food, shopping and the company of friends which I love as well so... it's fun.
Okay, that was rambly.
And I don't like it when I ramble.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home