Thursday, August 10, 2006

HAPPY 19TH MARC WONG YAN KAI !!



















I'll always remember my first memory of you as Eric's roommate and how you found my glasses during Matrix and all the rolling good times after that!
For the times we talked about that song by Maroon 5 (heh heh), ponged, went to the zoo, sat on elephants, had prata, bakchormee and even that time where you treated me to duck rice with egg!
I've gotten to know you a lot better this past year and thanks for the little heart-to-hearts and as you've gotten a year older, I really wish you all the best in finding the right path and getting it all back together.
TOT! Have a rocking good birthday :)

-

And, a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE! (being all patriotic now!)


Err, since we're now in Brisbane, we decided that maybe we should actually spend National Day... celebrating.
So we did!

And what's any Singaporean gathering without food..















The fried beehoon cooked by ME!!!

I hadn't the slightest clue how to cook fried beehoon but everyone said it was really nice!

And there was Shunwei's satay! Which was deeeeee-licious.


And Ruth and Wanping's curry!


And Jared's baked pasta!


And Derek's beef!


And dressed in our red and whites!















And making ugly celebratory faces! (ie flare the holes of the face; Ruth's signature.. look)















The girls :)















It was a really good night; we didn't spend it watching the National Day Parade or anything because we couldn't activate it online.
But we did have a smashing good time stuffing ourselves silly and playing those pattern mind games by Jared which had me suitably baffled and indignant that I couldn't get any of those... patterns.

Like yknow, Bang bang bang, who died?
I'd be like WHOOOOOO?!
And they'd go YOU!
And I'd go BUT WHY!?!??!

Anyway that went on for ages before I finally... got it.

-

Another good day today; spent the earlier part of the day playing tennis (or being a ball girl more like).
One thing that really cheered me up all day was buying ice-cream from the ice-box and walking home with Ruth clad in our little shorts and t-shirts looking like happy little girls eating their ice cream after having a nice play.
I got to eat one of my old loves: Drumstick icecream!
I remember when I was small and table-high; whenever I heard the familiar lilt of a bell, I would shout ICE CREAM and basically chase the ice cream man down the street before choosing either:
1. Vanilla drumstick
2. Traffic Light
3. Jolly ice cream (lime sorbet on the outside, vanilla on the inside)

It felt really good to see Drumstick still on the list of ice-creams in the ice-box because no matter where I go nowadays, I can't seem to find Traffic Light.
And I adore Traffic Light for days where I don't feel like eating creamy ice-cream.

Then it was mahjong with the law girls Angie, Tracy and Kelly for a ponging good time!

So all that made for a really good day with all the other bits peppered in as well: like our lecturer being friendly for a change, a relatively nice tut after, italian hot chocolate, worship practice at Liwen's house and even all that frenzied running after the bus home.

Nowadays, the littlest things make me oddly happy.
Not one of those outrageous I-can't-stop-smiling-all-day kind of happiness, but that little smile of having made it through the day and having a really pleasant one.
I was thinking about a lot of things the other day and I think one thing I really miss is what I can only call (as Jamie very nicely christianed) the disgusting stage.
Ha ha, I wonder when I'd get to see that day again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home