Sunday, August 20, 2006

I really think I should put a halt to my compulsive, obnoxiously irritating eating habits because it's gotten a little out of hand of late.
I can feel myself swelling in accordance (which is of course the primary reason why I think I should stop pouring food down my throat) and also, when the last thing on your mind before you fall asleep is what you should have for lunch the next day, you know you probably need a long term quick fix for that disgusting habit of yours.
Furthermore, I can't stop thinking about food and even when I'm not hungry I feel compelled to put something edible and yummy into my mouth.

I felt really guilty at church today because halfway through the sermon I was suddenly thinking about what I should cook for dinner.
It was a toss-up between chicken mushroom spaghetti aglio olio (chicken basted in mixed herbs stir fried with garlic and onions and mushrooms, add spaghetti, oregano, pepper, salt and sugar) or chicken congee (leftover rice boiled down to porridge with ginger, sesame oil, chicken and a little bit of soy sauce).
But all that didn't materialise because we went to CyberCity to eat in the end which was still all good because a variety of dishes makes me happy.

It's also that time of the year where people are jetting off all over the world (States, Canada, UK, etc) to start the new phase of life we call university.
With all the mushy sentimental I'll miss you's and _____ (insert name of friend) is leaving in a few days, I'll miss her/him so, I feel quite like the old bird who's been there done that, long passed the gates of hugs, kisses and farewell presents, tremulous goodbyes and trepidation.

I vaguely remember the day I left, excited at starting a new point of my life but tear-filled at leaving behind all that I've known.
And having lived through slightly more than a semester, it's sure been an experience and all I can say is that either view of an overseas education is exaggerated and overrated because it is neither fabulously exciting nor terribly depressing and lonesome.

Anyway, for some strange reason, I've been feeling a little antisocial of late; preferring to kick back with pillows, snacks and ruining my eyes in front of the google box we call a tv.
It makes me feel safe and impenetrable (I find this word a bit of a mouthful) and comforted.
I don't have to talk to anybody that I don't wish to talk to and though I miss the people I want to talk to, everyone seems to have lapsed in some hustle and bustle of a busy lifestyle.

But for now, I'm satisfied enough eating a Drumstick, drinking apple juice and watching that bloody addictive hk serial The Academy!
YAY, GO PTS!!!

p.s. I think I'm suffering from pre-Monday blues! Because tomorrow is Monday and I've a disgusting 8am lecture plus an even more disgustingly boring and complicated tut after and I'm feeling depressed thinking about it



(and to my friends that I haven't talked to in a while, I really do miss you )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home