Wednesday, August 16, 2006

ARGH!!


(for three reasons)


It has just been brought to my attention (by flipping through the course profile) that my first mid-sem exam is in..
THREE. AND. A. HALF. WEEKS
And I haven't done crap shit!!
I haven't even read the learning guide!!
(REASON NUMBER ONE!!)

All because my brain is stuck in some kind of delayed holiday mode where I'm still thinking that the first mid-sem is in 5 weeks.
Now, that's what I mean by stuck in delay because that's something I should have been thinking 1 and a half weeks ago.

Now I'm feeling a bit scared (because I know.. nothing), a bit betrayed (by my delayed brain) and a bit.. lost.
Because the only sensible thing to do is to get cracking, but then everyone has inertia (I still remember something from physics!) and right now my brain is refusing to budge from it's little sleep-and-eat-and-watch-heaps-of-tv mode.

On a less panicky note, Mercury last night was a wash-out and the only reason why I went was because people said music at Merc is good but it wasn't.
Well, it wasn't last night anyway and I knew I should have trusted my instincts which were half screaming for a night in with the good old coloured box we call a TEEVEE!

And I wasted the whole of today rolling around in bed, finishing The Curious Incident Of the Dog in the Night-time, baked nuggets and chips and... and...

(the top two prime highlights of my day! do you sense the excitement??)

1. I COOKED MY FIRST FISH PORRIDGE!!

(shameless bragging up ahead)

And it was good

2. I PLAYED SQUASHHHHHHHH (for the first time in ages)

So it was a good hour of whacking that little black rubber ball around, brushing up on my drives and boasts and realising to my embarrassment that I am slooooooooow.
As slow as a slow-loris.

I felt like a hobbling old grandmother trying to reach those shots far out in front and far out at the back.
And while I was shuffling my feet towards the little black ball in all my new-found slowness, I was sadly reminiscing about the days where it would take me three agile-footed steps to get to the ball; but instead, now I take three slow shuffles and I see the ball making it's double bounce.

Soooo, as a result of this exercise, I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning.
Because I know that I will ache. Terribly.
(REASON NUMBER TWO!!)

And, I weighed myself today.
I think the machine must be one of those faulty ones that make you a lot heavier than you actually are.
I'm not saying this out of sour grapes!!

Because, that bloody idiotic machine showed me a number that I'd never seen before on a weighing scale that I'm standing on!
And judging by the way I feel now, I know I am not that heavy.
You see, judging by the way I feel now I should be x kg. But then, that arse of a machine said that I was (x + 2) kg which is definitely wrong
(REASON NUMEBR 3)

Okay, so since I am a young lady now, I have internalised that screaming, ranting ARG! and reproduced it silently on my blog.
Ha ha, the wonders of the internet.

And I find myself being increasingly more retarded of late.
I remember I used to be all reflective, pondering on the ______ (insert desired adjective) state of my life but now all I come up with are useless, childish rants.
Like.. today's post.
Ohwell ... toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home