Friday, December 08, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIONA LIAW KEQIAN!



















Fiona, we've come a long way since the first time we met and the subsequent times we became good friends and you've always been such a comfortable and loyal friend that I can never do without.
You always try to understand me and sort through my problems with me and stuck it out with me through the good and the bad and not forgetting the shopping!
Despite us not meeting up very often, I can always confide in you and I just wanna tell you that you're such a real and wonderful friend and I honestly can't think of anyone that can replace you in my life :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I love you.

-

I remember at the beginning of second semester I told God that I wanted this semester to be different, I wanted to push forward and I wanted to emerge from the scaly shells of my past.
And while I plunged through the semester, dove into reckless things, perservered in prayer and was whipped by a whole maelstrom of things, I look back and indeed this semester has been different, I have pushed forward and through the shackles of problems I'm slowly emerging from my past.
But now that this semester is over, it's going to be different.
I'm going to stand on the rock of Jesus.

Church camp this year was very good in a very different way, but whatever it is, this time I felt love and empowerment.
I came home today and after self-medicating (I'm sick) and garnering some precious hours of sleep, I woke up feeling strange.
I had some sort of sudden panoramic reflection and I realised in this world of either-ors I had chosen Him and it's time to hurl everything else away because I am changing and being renewed each day.
And it scared me.

But church camp isn't separate from real life, God isn't separate from real life.
So as I sat in my little chair feeling a little frozen and lost, I remember the verse He laid on my heart in 2 Timothy 1:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER, of LOVE, and of SELF-DISCIPLINE."

And if we believe that our God is real, and that the Bible is His word, then we should believe what it says.
So, I believe it :)
I believe that His spirit is manifesting within us and we having this amazing ability to do things through Him, we have this amazing ability to love those around us, we have this amazing ability to control our unbecoming desires.
All these are possible with faith in Him!

I remember telling everyone at camp that we should learn to exercise our faith in everyday things because God is always around us everywhere we go, if only we'd just notice, listen and grab hold of it.
And now, almost immediately after camp, I find myself having to exercise this faith, to persevere in prayer, abide in Him and push forward.
Thank you God, I can feel my 'muscles' exercising :)


Nobody knows how weak I am
Better than You
Nobody sees all of my needs
Better than You

And nobody has the power to change me
To what I was born to be
Jesus be strong in my weakness
Empower me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home