It's times like this that I really miss and appreciate well-lit and transport-efficient Singapore a lot.
Times where I discover to my horror that the next bus is in an hour's time and I've no choice but to stand around playing endless games of Sudoku on my mobile with only a sprinkling of people hanging around and the only thing open in sight is the 7/11 across the road.
There's an awfully familiar antiseptic glow emanating from 7/11 which feels very safe, somehow.
Must be the 24 hour thing. And the familiarity.
I realised a day always starts off better when it starts with a prayer.
Had a long pray this morning to ease my frazzled nerves and I really thank God for His hand of comfort and assurance over me this morning.
And praise be to Him because I had a great day today, with many of my fears dispelled :)
Romans 8:15, "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship."
Met Angie, Gy and Chi today for some semi-window retail therapy and I tried a really nice banana java chip frapp! Bananas are cheap again; and they always remind me of Cel, always.
There are always little things that remind you instantly of someone or something, that's how the brain makes connections and my father is constantly reminding me to apply that method to my studies.
Then on top of delicious banana frapps, cheap bikinis, pride at great restraint, sushi trains and warm idle conversations, fuzzy smushy feel-good movies like Music and Lyrics seal the day for a fabulous time.
Tomorrow uni starts officially.
I'm still lingering at the fringes of the holidays and mentally willing myself to float into sync with the soon-to-be grind of uni.
I really don't have anything much to blog about; no loose displaced thoughts, no... nothing.
Times where I discover to my horror that the next bus is in an hour's time and I've no choice but to stand around playing endless games of Sudoku on my mobile with only a sprinkling of people hanging around and the only thing open in sight is the 7/11 across the road.
There's an awfully familiar antiseptic glow emanating from 7/11 which feels very safe, somehow.
Must be the 24 hour thing. And the familiarity.
I realised a day always starts off better when it starts with a prayer.
Had a long pray this morning to ease my frazzled nerves and I really thank God for His hand of comfort and assurance over me this morning.
And praise be to Him because I had a great day today, with many of my fears dispelled :)
Romans 8:15, "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship."
Met Angie, Gy and Chi today for some semi-window retail therapy and I tried a really nice banana java chip frapp! Bananas are cheap again; and they always remind me of Cel, always.
There are always little things that remind you instantly of someone or something, that's how the brain makes connections and my father is constantly reminding me to apply that method to my studies.
Then on top of delicious banana frapps, cheap bikinis, pride at great restraint, sushi trains and warm idle conversations, fuzzy smushy feel-good movies like Music and Lyrics seal the day for a fabulous time.
Tomorrow uni starts officially.
I'm still lingering at the fringes of the holidays and mentally willing myself to float into sync with the soon-to-be grind of uni.
I really don't have anything much to blog about; no loose displaced thoughts, no... nothing.
I NEED TO PRINT NOTES!
-
anonymous: sorry do I know you?
sydney: err what do you mean is this in China?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home