Monday, September 17, 2007

Hyuuuk. The weekend passed very eventfully with me holing it up on Friday night running through copious amounts of notes and then exploding into a frenzy of chopped up timetables and sheer exhaustion.

On Saturday, I spent a grand total of 10 minutes at home.

6.00 am - woke up, had brekkie, scanned through notes
8.00 am - did my 50% exam
1.00 pm - did my 70% exam
2.30 pm - rushed home to pick up my guitar and change my top (it was sweltering)
3.00 pm - praise and worship prac at church
5.30 pm - Mike Kwok was supposed to pick me up but was late. Found a blue-tongued lizard I mistook for a snake, yelling ohmygosh SNAKE SNAKE! and hopping onto a chair
6.00 pm - Mike Kwok picked me up
6.30 pm - had dinner and ice cream
7.00 pm - YF
10.00ish? - they wanted to hang out at Ping's to watch rugby
1.00 am - HOME SWEET HOME!

Sunday kind of rolled by in brain-dead fatigue, drifting through mechanical muted motions. I didn't feel quite myself until after my three hour nap, which wasn't altogether pleasant either because I'd fallen asleep wedged in a very uncomfortable position my living room couch.

And I've just gotten back from my driving lesson which was bad, bad, bad. It was almost as if I'd forgotten how to drive or something. For some reason my brain didn't register that braking was absolutely necessary and I'd go veering off a turn at 40km/h or something completely not safe-driving-worthy, especially for a noob like me.
:(

Most of today hasn't even kicked off yet, but already it feels like one big messy uncooperative bad hair day; bad driving lesson, no food, no more shampoo, exam tomorrow, bleary eyes.... YAGH!

But, praise God, because in His infinite mercy, I'm feeling rather chipper today! And, David's gonna drive me to the supermarket so I can get food and shampoo. Honestly, as cliched as it sounds, little things do make a difference :)
And I thank God for all the people out there who have gone out of their way to help me and help me to understand His love just that wee bit better.

"If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him."
1 John 4:15-16

I think there's one thing knowing that God loves you, but relying on it is another matter altogether; surrendering in obedience and saying All of You, none of me. Simply because His grace and love is sufficient for us.
And sometimes it's through these little things that make me realise God is not just the God of the big things, but the small things too. And letting my sinful nature take over in even in the littlest of ways like frustration, fear, irritability, is disobedience and not reliance on the love and grace that God has shown us through His son Jesus Christ which is all-sufficient and our source of hope and strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home