This is Laura.
(over the phone..)
L: What is 8 plus 5? Hmm.. Twe... eh?! Twen.. eh?!
S: FIFTEEN.
L: oh yeaaaah!
haha! What a retard :P
After the grueling spate of exams, my body is finding it hard to adjust to equilibrium and I am in a perpetual state of listless lethargy, floating in a blank field of nothing. It's a rather nice feeling, save for the fact that my body doesn't feel like my own and I can't summon any energy to do anything, but all things equal, walking around like everything's put on mute has a silent jaunty cadence to it. Abit like watching one of those classic black-and-white films with no sound; the laughter, the jokes, the conversation... everything bobbing to some rhythm only I can hear.
Anyway, Interesting Things That Have Happened Tonight (minus Laura's call)
1. Cleaning
I have spent a good portion of tonight squatting in the shower stall armoured with flimsy cheap thongs and rubber gloves against a bottle of corrosive mould-killing bathroom gel/bleach, scrubbing between the tiles with my old toothbrush because tomorrow heralds the second inspection of our unit by the D-lady who has hinted with not so subtle overtures that our unit needs to be ".. sparkling". Weeell, our bathroom is definitely clean, but I don't know about that pristine sparkling whiteness because no matter how hard I scrubbed, some of the ridges still stubbornly bore that tinge of grey which could get me into alot of trouble!
And I should have taken a picture of my old toothbrush. At some point in time admist the frantic scrubbing, I recall gazing at my toothbrush with forlorn amusement because right at that second, I felt exactly the way my toothbrush looked; bent backward with skewed bristles stuck in frazzled angles. Doused with an extra dose of self-absorbed pity, I truly could identify with my toothbrush.
Agghhh... I hate cleaning.
2. FINM2401 Results
Praise God in aaaaaallll His unfathomable infinite goodness because despite having guessed more than half the exam, He has blessed me with a very undeserving mark of 11/15.
And it was truly all Him and none of me at all because.................. ... .. . . I was in utter shock.
Praise Him!
Tomorrow's the last day of uni before the much-awaited and absolutely delicious midsem break!
Can't hardly wait. I need to catch up on sleep, study and have lots of downtime fun (:
(over the phone..)
L: What is 8 plus 5? Hmm.. Twe... eh?! Twen.. eh?!
S: FIFTEEN.
L: oh yeaaaah!
haha! What a retard :P
After the grueling spate of exams, my body is finding it hard to adjust to equilibrium and I am in a perpetual state of listless lethargy, floating in a blank field of nothing. It's a rather nice feeling, save for the fact that my body doesn't feel like my own and I can't summon any energy to do anything, but all things equal, walking around like everything's put on mute has a silent jaunty cadence to it. Abit like watching one of those classic black-and-white films with no sound; the laughter, the jokes, the conversation... everything bobbing to some rhythm only I can hear.
Anyway, Interesting Things That Have Happened Tonight (minus Laura's call)
1. Cleaning
I have spent a good portion of tonight squatting in the shower stall armoured with flimsy cheap thongs and rubber gloves against a bottle of corrosive mould-killing bathroom gel/bleach, scrubbing between the tiles with my old toothbrush because tomorrow heralds the second inspection of our unit by the D-lady who has hinted with not so subtle overtures that our unit needs to be ".. sparkling". Weeell, our bathroom is definitely clean, but I don't know about that pristine sparkling whiteness because no matter how hard I scrubbed, some of the ridges still stubbornly bore that tinge of grey which could get me into alot of trouble!
And I should have taken a picture of my old toothbrush. At some point in time admist the frantic scrubbing, I recall gazing at my toothbrush with forlorn amusement because right at that second, I felt exactly the way my toothbrush looked; bent backward with skewed bristles stuck in frazzled angles. Doused with an extra dose of self-absorbed pity, I truly could identify with my toothbrush.
Agghhh... I hate cleaning.
2. FINM2401 Results
Praise God in aaaaaallll His unfathomable infinite goodness because despite having guessed more than half the exam, He has blessed me with a very undeserving mark of 11/15.
And it was truly all Him and none of me at all because.................. ... .. . . I was in utter shock.
Praise Him!
Tomorrow's the last day of uni before the much-awaited and absolutely delicious midsem break!
Can't hardly wait. I need to catch up on sleep, study and have lots of downtime fun (:

1 Comments:
8 + 5 = THIRTEEN!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home