Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Entering into week 2 of Alone-in-Brisbane and I'm trundling along fine, save a few pangs of loneliness and bouts of emo-ness where I sat in front of the telly tearing at the sad bits, which truthfully, weren't very devastating at all. The xiaojie at the asian dvd shop was right, Lesley was right, Coffee Prince is a really good series. I sat for hours, running disc after disc through the player, basking and weeping in television euphoria. The last time I felt this way about an asian series was My Girl which was a whole year ago.

I spent my first week in Brisbane at BLT which was terrific; munching on the word of God, growing, learning, humbled and challenged. And there was also that prick of conversation every hour at BLT where we sat on top of our bunks, sharing little tears and fears over packets of Maltesers, which I treasured very much.

I haven't done very much with my time so far other than meeting up with people and eaaaating lots of foooooooood. I haven't quite gotten used to the inflated prices yet; peeling out an average of $10 a meal still hurts my pockets.

I watched Sweeney Todd today. Disappointing, disappointing, disappointing! I liked the cinematography, but the songs were disappointing. I couldn't make out the lyrics clearly half the time, the songs all sounded the same, and I didn't really like how they would suddenly burst into song while talking halfway. And I think I got abit sick of seeing a continuous stream of slashed throats and spewing blood.

My 2.1 megapixel camera died on me before I left and I very stupidly left my better but bigger camera in Singapore so all I have left is my grainy phone camera which has no flash. Thankfully, I managed to retrieve my pictures from my spoilt camera so I still have my pictures from my last week in Singapore!

Last day of work! We ate an extremely crap thai restaurant

Hotpot with the hotpot hotties!

Met Eggtarts on a Sunday afternoon for fooooooood
Met Eric and Marc on a Sunday afternoon for idle chitchat
My last supper with the girls, figuratively speaking. Our appetites have shrunk considerably compared to our glorious days of copious amounts of food. I miss lamian and xiaolongbaos!
Requisite toilet shot. Where's Cass and Sooozie?!
Model STUDENT Mich



I MISS YOU FRIENDS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home