This week's been good and busy; dinner with Taiki, roast at Viv's, Sweeney Todd with Hilda, and 27 Dresses with Angie. I can't help but feel despite the activities neatly lined up to a tee, it hasn't been very fruitful. Stuffing my days with people and activities, filling every spare moment with idle nitty-gritties, I think I'm scared to be alone. Every night I spend a few brief moments reading my bible and praying and I think about how there were so many spare hours in the day I could have used to delve in His word, seeking rest in His grace.
I really need to learn not to seek my comfort in worldly things, but to run to Him first in everything. To hydrate myself daily in His word, communing with His Spirit. I'm not even doing anything in particular, and I feel so drained. I neeeeeed You.
A month into 2008 and already it has left a bitter taste in my mouth, like taking medicine for the first time. It's funny because I'm normally ready for the new year. The start of the year usually pans out nice and slow, increasing in pace as I run through the year. But 31 days into this year and I still haven't found my footing. Again, I know it's Him teaching me to increase my faith and hold to Him as I continue to carry my cross. I really need to live out His word more in my life!
Moooore, MOREE, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREE.
Okay, completely random but 27 Dresses was pleasantly good. Now I wanna get married!
I really need to learn not to seek my comfort in worldly things, but to run to Him first in everything. To hydrate myself daily in His word, communing with His Spirit. I'm not even doing anything in particular, and I feel so drained. I neeeeeed You.
A month into 2008 and already it has left a bitter taste in my mouth, like taking medicine for the first time. It's funny because I'm normally ready for the new year. The start of the year usually pans out nice and slow, increasing in pace as I run through the year. But 31 days into this year and I still haven't found my footing. Again, I know it's Him teaching me to increase my faith and hold to Him as I continue to carry my cross. I really need to live out His word more in my life!
Moooore, MOREE, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREE.
Okay, completely random but 27 Dresses was pleasantly good. Now I wanna get married!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home