I have come up with a new plan which includes running shoes, a sparkly rope and lots of fruit and bread and NO SECONDS. Which had better work because this last week and a half has churned out generous numbers thanks to the sudden influx of food in the house (the owners of the car have returned! Which means grocery shopping, grocery shopping and more grocery shopping). And I still had the audacity to buy this canary-yellow dress which I practically squeezed myself into with lots of breath-holding and Ruth's help.
I've been hitting the shops in a very unhealthy fashion lately. First one being the unintentional sidetrack from grocery and homeware shopping, then catching up with Jasmine on Saturday, and the third one, today, because we felt like buying something. What kind of trumped up excuse is that anyway? I am disgusted with myself despite the odd frisson of pleasure you get whenever you buy something soft, shiny and new! Thankfully, everything has only been 10 to 15 dollars a pop so it doesn't really feel like liberal wasteful frittering... ok who am I kidding. A penny unspent is a penny saved!
Yup, I will hole myself up and home and limit my interactions with the outside world to my new plan, uni, church and people's houses. And I feel like saving up for a ticket back because this year, and I don't know why, I miss Singapore a lot a lot a lot a lot alottttt; claustrophic streets, rude drivers and all. Funny that homesickness kicks in on my third year.
I've been hitting the shops in a very unhealthy fashion lately. First one being the unintentional sidetrack from grocery and homeware shopping, then catching up with Jasmine on Saturday, and the third one, today, because we felt like buying something. What kind of trumped up excuse is that anyway? I am disgusted with myself despite the odd frisson of pleasure you get whenever you buy something soft, shiny and new! Thankfully, everything has only been 10 to 15 dollars a pop so it doesn't really feel like liberal wasteful frittering... ok who am I kidding. A penny unspent is a penny saved!
Yup, I will hole myself up and home and limit my interactions with the outside world to my new plan, uni, church and people's houses. And I feel like saving up for a ticket back because this year, and I don't know why, I miss Singapore a lot a lot a lot a lot alottttt; claustrophic streets, rude drivers and all. Funny that homesickness kicks in on my third year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home