Okay, so with the recent demise of my aging Canon, this dearth of pictures means I have no reminder whatsoever of the coming and goings of the last three (has it been three?!) weeks in Brisbane. Rather, the eventful twists and turns have been marked by movie tickets, lunch receipts and the memory of me sloshing down in the street in the rain struggling to balance my bag, groceries and umbrella. Or the ever trusty checklist in my organiser!
Speaking of which, every item in my previous post is checkity checked. I woke up at 7.30 am to take a (short) morning run. Slow and steady is the way. Then I had my first driving lesson in two months which went all right save for three critical errors (haha!). And everything rolled along just fine; from cooking to grocery shopping to the surprise visit Taiki made where we laughed along to Chuck and Larry and freaked ourselves out watching Medical Incredibles.
It's Chinese New Year Eve today. I woke up and my first thought was my parents followed by our annual tuanyuanfan dinner at Marina Mandarin. I've already planned my meal for tonight's lonely tuanyuanfan which comprises of chicken soup and corn slathered with butter. Not very chinese-new-year-ish but it's something I'm craving. To be honest, I'm really sad to be missing this holiday with my family. Chinese New Year seems like the only holiday in the year where the entire family gets together and isn't hounded by festive parties with friends. It's the only time where all of us get together bonding over cards and mahjong, snacking on stacks of pineapple tarts, nuts and chocolate.
I'm just going to pretend that today and the next two days, are just any other days dotted on the calender. And I'll call my mum later.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR (:
(cny 06)
Speaking of which, every item in my previous post is checkity checked. I woke up at 7.30 am to take a (short) morning run. Slow and steady is the way. Then I had my first driving lesson in two months which went all right save for three critical errors (haha!). And everything rolled along just fine; from cooking to grocery shopping to the surprise visit Taiki made where we laughed along to Chuck and Larry and freaked ourselves out watching Medical Incredibles.
It's Chinese New Year Eve today. I woke up and my first thought was my parents followed by our annual tuanyuanfan dinner at Marina Mandarin. I've already planned my meal for tonight's lonely tuanyuanfan which comprises of chicken soup and corn slathered with butter. Not very chinese-new-year-ish but it's something I'm craving. To be honest, I'm really sad to be missing this holiday with my family. Chinese New Year seems like the only holiday in the year where the entire family gets together and isn't hounded by festive parties with friends. It's the only time where all of us get together bonding over cards and mahjong, snacking on stacks of pineapple tarts, nuts and chocolate.
I'm just going to pretend that today and the next two days, are just any other days dotted on the calender. And I'll call my mum later.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR (:
(cny 06)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home