Being camera-less, although incredibly liberating, is also very subtly inconvenient. I don't think about how I need a camera until the need to immortalise a memory creeps up, loftily reminding me that my blog and memory box lacks that jovial boost of sprightly colour. And I don't particularly like haggling for the best deal, because I am lazy like that. The pressure is mounting, being told that they got this item at this price. I'll spend the entire time camera-hunting period thinking I've been jibbed.
I think back on this breezy lilting Friday and I see splotches of food and laughter rolling like the wind. Meishan came over and I cooked lunch. I attempted to replicate my mum's chicken mushroom stew and it was S-U-C-C-E-S-S this time, if I could say so myself. Comfort food at its homey best. We spent the remainder of the afternoon talking and rolling around the couch. And the sweet person that Meishan is, came with two huge mangoes and sago and made us sago dessert although I was fully cracking up at the disgusting process of watching innocent white sago turn into googly blobs resembling frog eggs.
My tunch (tea AND lunch) slid seamlessly into a very healthy and delish dinner at Steve and Keiyeng's of roast chicken, crusty bread and various salads. I plan to make a dinner like that sometime soon because I can never resist the combination of roast chicken basted in herbs and warm sweet crusty bread, topped by a healthy winning combination of colourful salads. Yum!
I attended my first TGIF at church tonight and I find boardgames bring out my schoolgirl best. Dramatic, competitive, I am bursting into life. Haha, I really should have brought boggle back from Singapore.
Okay, now I am craving more of that yummy bread I had tonight. It was so ordinary but so good.
I think back on this breezy lilting Friday and I see splotches of food and laughter rolling like the wind. Meishan came over and I cooked lunch. I attempted to replicate my mum's chicken mushroom stew and it was S-U-C-C-E-S-S this time, if I could say so myself. Comfort food at its homey best. We spent the remainder of the afternoon talking and rolling around the couch. And the sweet person that Meishan is, came with two huge mangoes and sago and made us sago dessert although I was fully cracking up at the disgusting process of watching innocent white sago turn into googly blobs resembling frog eggs.
My tunch (tea AND lunch) slid seamlessly into a very healthy and delish dinner at Steve and Keiyeng's of roast chicken, crusty bread and various salads. I plan to make a dinner like that sometime soon because I can never resist the combination of roast chicken basted in herbs and warm sweet crusty bread, topped by a healthy winning combination of colourful salads. Yum!
I attended my first TGIF at church tonight and I find boardgames bring out my schoolgirl best. Dramatic, competitive, I am bursting into life. Haha, I really should have brought boggle back from Singapore.
Okay, now I am craving more of that yummy bread I had tonight. It was so ordinary but so good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home