The cold and rain are back. I knew it when I couldn't get out of bed this morning, missing the first morning lecture of the semester. It goes right up there with one of the best things I love: snuggling in bed when it's cold and grey outside, the rain drumming you into sweet toasty slumber. The things I don't love about the rain and cold are aching joints and muddy feet, of which, today, I experienced both. Somehow watching the rain from inside is ten times more beautiful than watching it while you're outside. It's hard to see with raindrops in your eyes and umbrellas in your face, the muddy grass stains on the back of your legs clouding your mind's eye.
We watched Juno yesterday. I love the soundtrack, I've had the songs on repeat all night. I like movies which look like a picture book of songs, coloured with old refrigerators and worn off beat band posters. This, is definitely my favourite part of the movie. The scene where Juno confesses her love and the scene where Bleek goes to look for her in the hospital probably comes a very very close second. There's something I prefer about awkwardly sweet and comfortable love over the whirlwind romantic dream. The next time I fall in love, I want it to be like mixtapes, ham&cheese toasties and heads on bellies.
You’re a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on your back is the latest trend
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
Here is the church and here is the steeple
We sure are cute for two ugly people
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
We both have shiny happy fits of rage
I want more fans, you want more stage
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
You are always trying to keep it real
I’m in love with how you feel
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body’s swinging from side to side
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
The pebbles forgive me, the trees forgive me
So why can’t, you forgive me?
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
Du du du du du du du du
Du du du du du du du du
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
We watched Juno yesterday. I love the soundtrack, I've had the songs on repeat all night. I like movies which look like a picture book of songs, coloured with old refrigerators and worn off beat band posters. This, is definitely my favourite part of the movie. The scene where Juno confesses her love and the scene where Bleek goes to look for her in the hospital probably comes a very very close second. There's something I prefer about awkwardly sweet and comfortable love over the whirlwind romantic dream. The next time I fall in love, I want it to be like mixtapes, ham&cheese toasties and heads on bellies.
You’re a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on your back is the latest trend
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
Here is the church and here is the steeple
We sure are cute for two ugly people
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
We both have shiny happy fits of rage
I want more fans, you want more stage
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
You are always trying to keep it real
I’m in love with how you feel
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body’s swinging from side to side
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
The pebbles forgive me, the trees forgive me
So why can’t, you forgive me?
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you
Du du du du du du du du
Du du du du du du du du
I don’t see what anyone can see,
In anyone else but you

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home