Despite the weather, the barbeque at New Farm Park was fun. It was nice seeing the old church people again over a sausage sizzle; warm, welcoming and nostalgic. And it gave me a good excuse to take pictures which included colour, like the green grass and blue sky, so I can start collecting happy snappy pictures :)
Anyway, that's me all covered in filmy moisture and hair hanging in awful sweaty clumps. David looks okay though, acting all cool with his reflective sunnies and little smirk.
That's Raj and Daryl aka Bob all matchymatchy in stripey shirts. Singapore represent!
That's the green grass and blue sky I was talking about. And I wasn't exaggerating about the cloudless sky. There really isn't a single cotton candy puff drifting around.
Stewwwpid faces. I was very amused because while taking this picture I had Michelle's warm, rotting bunch of bananas in a plastic bag on my lap. She reckons they were beginning to overripe and rot because of the heat.
We had our firrrrrrrst, ever YF St Lucia social tonight! Movie Night! Not that many people but a nice quiet evening watching Ratatouille over an enormous bowl of popcorn and chips and three boxes of pizza. It was also sometime in the aftermath of tonight's event that got me thinking and reflecting about how I've been starting to let it be all about me instead of all about Him over the course of learning how to be a good ambassador of Christ :( That His glory is best shown in my weakness and so all the more I ought to boast of my weaknesses and let His glory be shown!
Anyway that's (oops I forgot his name!) with our enormous bowl of microwave popcorn!
Taiki making himself comfortable. He made FIRST grab for the slouchy couch.
The last few days were peppered with activity: catchups, lunches, heart to hearts and the like. Hilda and I decided that we always do the same old things everytime we go out that we're being jaded and colourless. So we planned a whole list of things we can do the next time we're out! And lots of them include us resting our bums but only in very different places. Okay, I don't know why but there's something about a hot steaming plate of pasta and a fizzy drink which makes me so satisfied. Like my pink tiro :)
This is what I mean about us resting our bums most of the time but only in different places. We hid in one corner of Borders armed with four magazines and freeloaded off Borders until it was time for Definitely, Maybe. Speaking of which, I thought it was pleasantly enjoyable. It's the sort of movie that's peppered with quotes you want to remember which is one of the best things about movies. I love how how certain things strike a chord with you, expressed so plainly and eloquently that there isn't a need for you to say a single word.
Then sometime along the week was a late-night supper at Maccas where four of us demolished 36 chicken nuggets. I <3 chicken nuggets!!!!
I think this was Friday. Friday felt quite perfect: a smooth driving lesson, Meishan coming over for heart to hearts and eating expensve sandwiches, and Poker Night at Angie's where we demolished a mountain of food, played cards and watched Bring It On! It's one of those embarrassing confessions but I secretly love that movie. I felt tears stinging my eyes a couple of times during the movie because school competition has that annoying way of clutching my schoolgirl heart and pricking the tears out of it. It was like that time when AC was losing to HC in some waterpolo game and I teared. There's not even a need for me to talk about the tears shed in squash here.


I've been really exhausted this week commuting from one place to another by bus and foot, constantly heading out and heading back in the insufferably warm weather. It doesn't help that I can't spend more than three hours out before I start smelling like a schoolboy, moisture clinging to my skin like film. It doesn't really help that I am suffering from insomnia! I clocked a grand total of nine out of 48 hours in the last two days and despite being out all day, I am still not sleepy! Help help help.
This is a really long post with lots and lots of pictures. Hmm, you know what I really want? I want my heart to be so moved by God's love that in every step I take it is aaaaaaalll about loving God and His people. That selfish ambition, pride, fear and every other little thing is pushed aside, and my heart will be made pure, like Jesus' :) Because it is sooooo hard and I find myself struggling with this every single day: envy, inadequacy, fear.... Change my heart, I pray!













1 Comments:
your writing is refreshing! your relentless desire for something MORE is marvellous, God-given, but I can also see how it could be the bane of your existence too, when the 'more' seems slow or non-existent... My dad once told me the Christian life is one mostly of plodding. It un-nerved me at the time because I wanted perpetual passion... but in the end that's not the way it seems to work (nor is it particularly sustainable!). so... plod on! may you keep finding enough grace for the journey. (have you moved?) you can answer that tomorrow night ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home